Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some TST aftermarket front LED turn signals to replace the old crappy stock ones.
Does anyone have any idea how to adapt them so I can still use them for my connection (Australia)?

Is there like a special connector I can transfer them with or do I need to cut them and place them together? No idea how to do that though.

Road surface Asphalt Tar Body jewelry Composite material
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Bicycle tire

· Registered
5 Posts
You may have to splice the wires together to get it to work. There is an old post with someone facing the same issue as you and most of the replies tell the OP to contact TST or to splice the connections. I unfortunately couldn't find the conversion kit mentioned in the last reply of the thread.

· Registered
464 Posts
I strongly suggest that butchering the stock wiring harness is a bad idea. The best approach is to install the proper connector on the turn indicator to mate to the bike's wiring harness. You can find the right terminal parts at this web site:

· Registered
24 Posts
i think TST mentions in their bunff that their harnesses are only technically approved (or something) for US market machines. so there may be some issue. but if you’re close to yon EE guy above, he’ll sort you and no mistake.

i ordered some TSTs for my incoming r3 so hopefully they’ll go in without a snag.

· Registered
18 Posts
I bought some TST aftermarket front LED turn signals to replace the old crappy stock ones.
Does anyone have any idea how to adapt them so I can still use them for my connection (Australia)?

Is there like a special connector I can transfer them with or do I need to cut them and place them together? No idea how to do that though.

View attachment 70485 View attachment 70486
Seen this post late bro but if you still need help I can send pics I've made the same install. Don't quite need an electrical engineer lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts