Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, new happy owner of am R3 and thought I'd see what you recommend for an aftermarket pipe. Seeing that I won't be spending any money on bodywork, I thought I would look into an exhaust system. The Toce system on the TST Industries site looks pretty cool, and it comes bundled with some other goodies that I need as well. I don't know anything about Toce, or where they are made, how good they are, what fuel controller I need, etc.
I see another member with a pipe called the SC Project that also looks pretty trick, but I don't know anything about those either.
Let me know what works.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Slip-on? Helps with crash damage (cheaper to replace afterward) and saves a little weight but none of them will do anything for performance, so you might as well go with what's locally made: Hindle. Take your pick of which muffler style you want.

Full exhaust? I think Jesse (jbluetooth on this forum) recommends the Graves for best performance, but for us, that would be a cross-border shipment - expensive. I have the Hindle full exhaust on my bike, which supposedly isn't the best for power ... but they're locally made. Use the longest "stealth" series muffler - these bikes run best with a quiet muffler on them. Keep in mind that if you are going to do track days, and you want to go to Calabogie (which you do), they have noise limits and they test every bike. The Hindle with the long "stealth" muffler easily passes. Some of the shorter stylish small mufflers might not ... and they'll make less power ...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Slip-on? Helps with crash damage (cheaper to replace afterward) and saves a little weight but none of them will do anything for performance, so you might as well go with what's locally made: Hindle. Take your pick of which muffler style you want.

Full exhaust? I think Jesse (jbluetooth on this forum) recommends the Graves for best performance, but for us, that would be a cross-border shipment - expensive. I have the Hindle full exhaust on my bike, which supposedly isn't the best for power ... but they're locally made. Use the longest "stealth" series muffler - these bikes run best with a quiet muffler on them. Keep in mind that if you are going to do track days, and you want to go to Calabogie (which you do), they have noise limits and they test every bike. The Hindle with the long "stealth" muffler easily passes. Some of the shorter stylish small mufflers might not ... and they'll make less power ...
You make a LOT of sense with EVERY post! Everyone I know that tracks an R3 has the Hindle exhaust! They seem to really have their S**T dialed in!!!! I personal have ZERO experience with Hindle, but if I were to track my R3, THIS would be my exhaust, period-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts