Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I picked up my 2016 R3 from the dealer today and have already ordered a yoshi fender eliminator, but I would like font and back turn signals to go with it, I was looking at getting 2 sets of these, which say they have the resistors included, so do i just plug and use or do i need a special harness , thanks.
revzilla.com/motorcycle/oxford-eyeshot-led-turn-signal-indicators-neptune

·
Registered
732 Posts
Here is what I would recommend. I ordered the TST flushmount front LED turn signals and rear LED turn signals. Furthermore, in case you do not know, after going to LED, you have to get a relay. Also, TST sell Yamaha cable adapters so it is easy "plug N play" cabling for the turn signals instead of having to deal with splicing. One caveat. I loved the quality and look of the front and rear turn signals. However, I did worry a bit about the visibility from the direct front of the bike. The rear turn signals stick outward while the front ones are "flushmount," obviously. So I actually purchased the R&G LED turn signals, which jut out a bit more and in my opinion are more visible from the front as turns in front of bikes are a major cause of problems. However, I have been a lazy sack of crap and haven;t actually changed them out.

Anyway, the TST flushmounts are $15, the rear $29, and the relay is $19 while the signal plug converters are $6 so they are very well priced and high quality. No complaints. The R&G's were like $86, so it is up to personal preference and budgetary concerns. That is a huge difference in price for a little change I'd recommend all of them. You really cannot go wrong. I originally wanted the TST LED Halo (running light style) turn signals, but they've said coming soon for over a year.

Here is a link to TST's R3 part's page

Here is the link to the R&G Aero LEF front turn signals on RevZ.

You can see pics of them on my bike in my worklog thread or SHow US you R3 or What Did You Do to Your R3 Today thread! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yeah, go with the TST signals with OEM harness, easy install, look great and quality is good. As for the rear, I'm partial to integrated tail light myself TST also has a nice one of these.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do i need a flasher for each turn signal? Are the TST flushmounts visible from head on? That kinda worries me about flush mounts...

·
Registered
732 Posts
Do i need a flasher for each turn signal? Are the TST flushmounts visible from head on? That kinda worries me about flush mounts...
A relay? You just need 1 relay. The front flushmounts aren't expensive. I'd just order the entire set-front, rear, a relay, and Yamaha cable adapters-I forget if some come with turn signals-I did end up with extras. I think Some came with signals and I ordered extra sets-doesn't hurt to have backups. The fronts take like 10mim to install. Just a few screws and taking off inside of side fairings. If you don't end up liking front signals, it was only $15. You should verify with TST.

The R&G Aero Led front signals stick out a bit more and are slightly more visible from front but are way more expensive at $86. Just wanted to give you the full idea of what I've done. I still have TST's on my bike. Going to install the R&G's today or tomorrow. I ordered them so might as well install them, but I like them both. Everything I've ordered from TST has been top notch.

Let us know what you decide and post pics when you have a chance!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I purchased a set of the Barracuda Mini Vipers for my R3. The install is dead simple when you purchase a set of OEM lighting wiring harness and I highly recommend getting the plastic insert adapters.

The lights are your regular bulb setup (so no resistors or relay required) and they are bright. The only downside is the Barracuda Mini Vipers are a 2-wire setup, so no running lights.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry for letting this thread go, and for now doing a 3 month necro... Anyways, I decided to go with the tst rear pods and the clear tst flushmounts. I'm planning on just putting it all on when the cut frame sliders I ordered and the fender elim kit get here. I'll put up a few pics when I do it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sorry for letting this thread go, and for now doing a 3 month necro... Anyways, I decided to go with the tst rear pods and the clear tst flushmounts. I'm planning on just putting it all on when the cut frame sliders I ordered and the fender elim kit get here. I'll put up a few pics when I do it.
Good choice, I've had the TST clar front signals since last March and no issues. Let us know how the frame sliders install goes.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Here is what I would recommend. I ordered the TST flushmount front LED turn signals and rear LED turn signals. Furthermore, in case you do not know, after going to LED, you have to get a relay. Also, TST sell Yamaha cable adapters so it is easy "plug N play" cabling for the turn signals instead of having to deal with splicing. One caveat. I loved the quality and look of the front and rear turn signals. However, I did worry a bit about the visibility from the direct front of the bike. The rear turn signals stick outward while the front ones are "flushmount," obviously. So I actually purchased the R&G LED turn signals, which jut out a bit more and in my opinion are more visible from the front as turns in front of bikes are a major cause of problems. However, I have been a lazy sack of crap and haven;t actually changed them out.

Anyway, the TST flushmounts are $15, the rear $29, and the relay is $19 while the signal plug converters are $6 so they are very well priced and high quality. No complaints. The R&G's were like $86, so it is up to personal preference and budgetary concerns. That is a huge difference in price for a little change I'd recommend all of them. You really cannot go wrong. I originally wanted the TST LED Halo (running light style) turn signals, but they've said coming soon for over a year.

Here is a link to TST's R3 part's page

Here is the link to the R&G Aero LEF front turn signals on RevZ.

You can see pics of them on my bike in my worklog thread or SHow US you R3 or What Did You Do to Your R3 Today thread! Hope this helps.
From my understanding you don't "need" a relay for the signals. My friend has had hotbodies front and rear turn signals on his R6 for over 6 years without a relay and has never had an issue. All the relay does it slow down the blinking of the signals. IMO I think it is more safe to not use the relay as the faster blinking is more noticeable to other drivers on the road.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts