Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some wheels for the R3. I was thinking carbon fiber but they are not available and the cost is a little high for me. I found some from Galespeed in Japan but the price is still a little high at 2k to my door. What do you all think? Get them or order extra stock wheels for the track?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Stockers. If you're gonna race, aftermarket wheels may not be legal for most of the classes in which these bikes are competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Lightweight wheels would be amazing, but I haven't found any for less than $2k and that's without bearings, rotors, etc. Too much for me to justify the expense.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lightweight wheels would be amazing, but I haven't found any for less than $2k and that's without bearings, rotors, etc. Too much for me to justify the expense.

I'm going all out. I don't mind spending the money. I have multiple 600 and 1000 cc bikes but the R3 is by far the most fun to ride.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm going all out. I don't mind spending the money. I have multiple 600 and 1000 cc bikes but the R3 is by far the most fun to ride.

Awesome! If money's no object don't forget the Ti fasteners, ceramic bearings, and whatever other lightweight bits you can get

Beside Galespeed, Marchesini is the only other company I've seen that makes rims for the small bikes. I don't recall seeing CF

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome! If money's no object don't forget the Ti fasteners, ceramic bearings, and whatever other lightweight bits you can get

Beside Galespeed, Marchesini is the only other company I've seen that makes rims for the small bikes. I don't recall seeing CF

I'm on that. Got a speed cell battery last week and removed 5 lbs

·
Registered
326 Posts
Pretty sure BST, rotobox or dynamag doesnt make a carbon wheel for the R3. Your best bet is marchesini @ $2k a set

Ti bolts are 40 to 50% lighter then oem. I would start with rotating mass then work your way up.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
If you can find carbon wheels for $2k, do it!! That's as cheap as I've ever heard of carbon wheels be. The Marchesinis are about that same price and they're just forged aluminum for the R3.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you can find carbon wheels for $2k, do it!! That's as cheap as I've ever heard of carbon wheels be. The Marchesinis are about that same price and they're just forged aluminum for the R3.
I purchased the Galespeed last week. They should arrive in a 5 - 10 days. I will post pics and specs

·
Registered
507 Posts
god those carbon wheels are GORGEOUS! Wish I could afford them, I'd buy some in a second

1 - 16 of 16 Posts