Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking about doing the air box cover mod to my 2020 r3 by nortan racing but was wondering if riding in a lot of wet weather which I end up doing because of where I live but would this cause any issues due to the air box being a lot more open and easier for water to enter. If anyone has any advice or experience with this mod in wetter weather I’d love to hear thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
For a daily-rider? I'd just leave it stock. I've tested stock airbox (complete with snorkel) versus open airbox cover, and although there is a difference that you can measure with instruments (and even then, it's barely statistically significant), it's not big enough to be noticed by the seat of your pants.

Velocity stacks with stock airbox cover is a good combination, and then there is no concern with water getting in. Even at that, on a street bike, how much time are you spending above 10,000 rpm where this actually makes a difference?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya that’s very true. Also is there much of a market out there for used slip on exhausts. My bike came with an akropovic slip on from the dealer but I’m upgrading to a full system and was wondering if I’d have any luck selling the slip on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts