Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an R3 and I was going over and checking everything. Inside the air box are 2 intake snorkels just hanging across the air box. Is there any advancements to taking the snorkels off and making the air forced into the throttle body and not swirling around in the air box? I know my R1 had this issue and was solved by velocity stacks

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have this same doubt, bur that inner snorkels goes directly to the TB. To modify them you have to cutt it, and this is a mod I don't want to do unless it's utility became proved.

I want to make an air induction system to the R3, but i'm in lack of time to it.
If you go ahead with this idea, please let us know.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Hi there, welcome! This was discussed already here:

http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/514-engine/61378-airbox-snorkel.html

FWIW, I've removed the entire snorkel and installed a BMC high flow air filter as well. From what I've seen, it helps with the throttle response and a bit of sound but not really much in the way of power that I could feel.

I had a heck of a time getting the thing to come out - you basically have to pull it from the outside as it's all one big piece.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have now seen it. Im going to wait and do this mod until i have full exhaust and pcv with autotuner. Im going to dyno the before and afters, and im going to work on a forced air system and see what can be done

1 - 4 of 4 Posts