Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale in pretty much new condition:

Akrapovic Carbon Fiber Full Race Exhaust $500.00
Carbon Fiber Front Fender $230.00
Carbon Fiber Chain Guard $170.00
Black Windscreen $100.00

Call or text 404.304.102three or pm me back on the thread.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Friday Bump ^_^

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone want a full race exhaust or carbon parts? I can work on the price with shipping included depending on where your located.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Anyone want a full race exhaust or carbon parts? I can work on the price with shipping included depending on where your located.
Do you know if this Akra exhaust has the smaller header diameter that was originally made for the R25? I am assuming yes, but figured it's worth asking. If it's a full-size header for the R3 specifically, I may be interested in the exhaust.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know if this Akra exhaust has the smaller header diameter that was originally made for the R25? I am assuming yes, but figured it's worth asking. If it's a full-size header for the R3 specifically, I may be interested in the exhaust.

All the piping looks to be a bit bigger in diameter than the factory ones. I honestly don't know the specifics but if you call akrapovic im sure they can give you definite answers. It is a full size header for the r3 specifically. Pm me and I can send you more specific pictures of what your trying to figure out if you still have questions.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found this on Akrapovic's own website under technical specifications. Heres the link:

http://www.akrapovic.com/#!/motorcy.../technical?brandId=41&modelId=720&yearId=4146

motorcycle

<li ng-show="item.Brand">Yamaha

<li ng-show="item.Model">YZF-R3
Yamaha YZF-R3

Racing Line (Carbon)

S-Y3R1-APC

Technical data

It’s not just about peak power-Akrapovič exhaust systems deliver increased performance throughout the entire rpm range. Increased power and torque result in a much smoother ride. All Akrapovič exhaust system measurements are made on our computer-controlled flowbenches.

UnitStockAkrapovičMax gainmaximum
powerkW27.4 / 10950 rpm29.4 / 10990 rpm+ 2.4 / 11550 rpmHP (m)37.2 / 10950 rpm40.0 / 10990 rpm+ 3.3 / 11550 rpmHP (i)36.7 / 10950 rpm39.5 / 10990 rpm+ 3.2 / 11550 rpmmaximum
torqueNm27.9 / 9450 rpm28.6 / 9250 rpm+ 1.7 / 11550 rpmlb-ft20.6 / 9450 rpm21.1 / 9250 rpm+ 1.3 / 11550 rpmweightkg8.23.1- 5.1lb18.16.8- 11.3%- 62.2static
noise leveldB88 / 5375 rpm99 / 5375 rpm11installation
timemin60ECU remapping

·
Registered
169 Posts
I called them up when I wanted to buy mine and they told me they updated the design to have bigger headers in the S-Y3R1-APC model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
If i hadn't just dropped $3k this month on my other bike I'd jump on this. Price is right. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If i hadn't just dropped $3k this month on my other bike I'd jump on this. Price is right. Good luck with the sale.
Thanks zdaman! Going a different route than what I have now and I hate parting with the Akrapovic exhaust it just sounds so good!! What did you buy on the other bike?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called them up when I wanted to buy mine and they told me they updated the design to have bigger headers in the S-Y3R1-APC model.

Ill take a look tonight to see if I can see any markings on the exhaust that state what model it is.

·
Registered
169 Posts
There aren't any on the exhaust itself to my knowledge, I'd recommend finding the email confirmation of the order or any manuals etc.

·
Registered
237 Posts

Ill take a look tonight to see if I can see any markings on the exhaust that state what model it is.
Please keep me posted on any model information you can find.

I heard they were in the works of redesigning their R25 exhaust specifically for the R3, but never knew when the update would happen. It's good to confirm someone in this thread has one of the new exhausts. I don't believe there's a massive power difference, but from the reviews and comparisons I've seen, it does seem to be noticeable when the R25 Akra system is compared with M4, Hindle, etc. I'm sure their new R3-specific system is right on par with the rest.

Good stuff!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks zdaman! Going a different route than what I have now and I hate parting with the Akrapovic exhaust it just sounds so good!! What did you buy on the other bike?

Bst carbon fiber wheels, Braketech axis iron rotors, lightweight sprockets, Ek 3d chain, Ferodo brake pads and a few Titanium bits.

Still need brembo calipers, sato rear sets and some kind of fork work to be complete.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Please keep me posted on any model information you can find.

I heard they were in the works of redesigning their R25 exhaust specifically for the R3, but never knew when the update would happen. It's good to confirm someone in this thread has one of the new exhausts. I don't believe there's a massive power difference, but from the reviews and comparisons I've seen, it does seem to be noticeable when the R25 Akra system is compared with M4, Hindle, etc. I'm sure their new R3-specific system is right on par with the rest.

Good stuff!
I couldn't find anything on the box and it looks like I threw away the manuals :crying:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bst carbon fiber wheels, Braketech axis iron rotors, lightweight sprockets, Ek 3d chain, Ferodo brake pads and a few Titanium bits.

Still need brembo calipers, sato rear sets and some kind of fork work to be complete.
Dam that's nice! post a pic with the new stuff I would love to see it, specially those wheels!

·
Registered
326 Posts
http://imgur.com/a/j4dnm
Still waiting on the chain and brake pads to come in so i can put everything together. Getting impatient but it's been raining a lot here lately anyways.

·
Registered
326 Posts
You should to get the most out of it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Curious, when you put on the new exhaust do you need to re-tune the bike for the free flow exhaust?
Like zdaman said you should get one. But, there's always a but, it wont hurt to ride around town without one. You should get a tune but you don't need a tune. Getting one will allow you to fully utilize the full potential in the exhaust.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Prices dropped and include shipping!!

Akrapovic Carbon Fiber Full Race Exhaust $480.00 shipped anywhere in the US.
Carbon Fiber Front Fender $220.00 shipped anywhere in the US.
Carbon Fiber Chain Guard $150.00 shipped anywhere in the US.
Black Windscreen $100.00 shipped anywhere in the US.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts