Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anybody know if you can buy just the headers for the r3. Or the header with the SS slip-on muffler? Id like to buy the full system, but dislike the long muffler.

If not, ill most likely buy the complete system and replace the muffler with the slip on.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
545 Posts
That wont be enough back pressure? It might work I am no expert.

Expert engine exhaust guys want to chime in here? Also I have never seen Akro headers sold individual to answer a question. Good luck.

It would be very very loud.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed Akrapovic earlier to find out, but they havent replied yet.

What set-up are you having issues with?

My second choice is the termingnoni system. The header isn't available yet, but the price for the slip on and header is supposed to be around 1300-1500.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pro race is nice, but im trying to avoid the long muffler. Sounds really good though. For looks, i prefer this

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just watched the video of your bike. Thats sounds pretty good. Looks like the system panigale 1299 used.

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, i had seen that one earlier. If i cant go the akro route, i may end up buying that header instead

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just watched the video of your bike. Thats sounds pretty good. Looks like the system panigale 1299 used.
Too loud for me. Just took it off and put it up for sale. I hate wearing earplugs and I am bringing back some ringing in my ears when I don't wear them. Back to stock exhaust.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After looking at the ARROW website, all of their slip ons will work with their header. Im looking at the the gp2 slip on with the header.

Just saw it was for sale. For a small bike, it did seem loud in the video.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats cool. Do you happen to still have a link to that video? I believe he had to modify the header. Curious to see if all he did was shorten it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts