Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first forum post of any kind, I got my R3 the other day and immediately think it is the dogs nuts...

I had a carbon akrapovic slip on optional extra fitted from new and wanted of hear it without the baffle in, I know it's a simple job but as its my pride and joy and new to me I want to be 100% sure I do it right.

From what I can see it looks like an 8mm bolt under the rubber grommet, then get a clothe and long nose pliers and remove the baffle, however the bolt is either really... Tight or I have the wrong tool or technique.

Someone must have done this on here.

Cheers and I look forward to be part of the R3 community!

·
Registered
23 Posts
From what I have been reading now slip-ons on this bike are not much louder then stock muffler I don't really wanna spend $400 for the same sound lol can anyone confirm this ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just took the stock muffler off and ride it like that! Sounds better, a little louder and runs great. Still gets great gas mileage too, although with the $250-$400 I saved on a slip on I can buy a lot more gas anyway.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's a nice clean look, I think. And shaves about 6 1/2 pounds. Only takes about 3 minutes to take it off -- try it you may like it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's a nice clean look, I think. And shaves about 6 1/2 pounds. Only takes about 3 minutes to take it off -- try it you may like it.
But are there any issues with back pressure? I want to do it but everyone i hang out with keep saying itll require an ECU reflash or something so it doesnt harm my bike?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts