Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here. After a bit of search I'm having a hard time finding a precise answer.

I just bought a full akrapovic exhaust.. I plan to get a Bmc race filter and get the block off plate to remove the emissions crap so I can add a fuel commander

My question is, should I get the bazzaz or power commander.

And is it as easy as downloading a fuel map for this set up, or will I have to dyno or do something else.

I know this topic is everywhere so I apologize for bringing it up again

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hey guys, new here. After a bit of search I'm having a hard time finding a precise answer.

I just bought a full akrapovic exhaust.. I plan to get a Bmc race filter and get the block off plate to remove the emissions crap so I can add a fuel commander

And is it as easy as downloading a fuel map for this set up, or will I have to dyno or do something else.

Dyno tune will give much better results than a downloaded map. It should be easy enough to find a map to download for bazzaz or dynojet. If you plan on getting it dyno'd then perhaps then contact your local dyno shop, some shops prefer dynojet others prefer bazzaz.
Another thing worth considering is if you intend on add ons like quickshifter/traction control etc

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dyno tune will give much better results than a downloaded map. It should be easy enough to find a map to download for bazzaz or dynojet. If you plan on getting it dyno'd then perhaps then contact your local dyno shop, some shops prefer dynojet others prefer bazzaz.
Another thing worth considering is if you intend on add ons like quickshifter/traction control etc

Would a downloaded map be sufficient until I could get a bike dyno'd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
811 Posts
If I was going to do that and didn't want to have to dyno the bike I would order the fuel controller from a person/company that already has a good map for that exhaust. I have heard the tunes, at least on the Power Commander website, are not the best.

I have the PC V with the autotune. I don't believe that will work for you though because the Akro does not have an O2 bung.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If I was going to do that and didn't want to have to dyno the bike I would order the fuel controller from a person/company that already has a good map for that exhaust. I have heard the tunes, at least on the Power Commander website, are not the best.

I have the PC V with the autotune. I don't believe that will work for you though because the Akro does not have an O2 bung.
Firsthand experience: I used a map from the power commander site and pulled 37.2 rwhp with no adjustments. Curve in each gear was flat. But that was with my Yoshi full system (with insert) and stock air filter. No idea how the akra system map is.

·
Registered
732 Posts

Yeah, the DynoJet site has limited maps available. @SpearsRacing, @HardRacing, and I think @jbluetooth (Jesse) who are all vendors on this site and sell both the PC5 and Bazazz have their own maps available for each unit. I don't think they have maps for each particular setup, but do for several. I have an M4 exhaust, PC5, AutoTune, BMC and Driven BlockOff, and loaded the map with the DynoJet software. Easy peasy. I plan on taking it to a dynoshop but it has run fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts

The answer of witch one is all you mack certain the unbelievable heavy cat under you is gone

·
Registered
18 Posts
Main thing to keep in mind on small bikes is stay tucked as much as possible never slow down to much even letting feet point out from bike will take 3 mph from you each foot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts