Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Just wondering if anyone of you can recommend an alarm system for my R3.

I was looking the ones like Scorpio or Gorilla, but reading and reading I don't see that those have the option of turning the bike off automatically if the knob is near.... you know, like those keyless car's....

Yeap... i know that 2 men can carry the bike into a van... but i am more worried about hijacking will waiting in an street light or something like that....

any idea?

thanks!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
You should give the Xena XX10 Bluetooth disc brake lock a try, it's what I'm using

https://www.xenasecurity.com/xx10/

It'll only fit the front disc on the R3, and has a double locking mechanism should someone want try to crowbar or freeze it. You could get the XX6 which is single locking only and can be used on front or rear disc brake.

For that extra piece of mind you can hardwired GPS unit, so if the bike goes missing you can see the last location and head round there in a van (with lights off in the dark) with a few mates with baseball bats and dish out some justice. Also some available GPS units have a engine remote cut-off feature which will need some modification to the ignition wiring.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LoL i like the part of giving some justice!

will get the disk lock at the moment.... at least it will make a loud sound to caught attention....

·
Registered
329 Posts
Rofl, agreed nothing beats the bats & justice as security.

For me, I use the Abus disc lock and chain combo. Link here

I have my bike chained to a post in a parking garage. The disc lock has an audible alarm which sounds if moved/tampered with so it's helpful as it serves as an audible deterrent and friendly reminder should you try to ride off before removing the lock. Also when I'm traveling I pack the disc lock in my rear seat so i have some protection should I decide to stay out a little longer than normal. The chain itself is heavy, coated in a nice material so it doesn't scratch your bike and is beefy as ****. Overall an excellent 2 in 1 security combo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts