Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from Israel, living in Hawaii, just got R3 few days ago
After 15 years without riding I couldn't resist and got back again.
I'm mid 40's and Used to ride 250-500 enduro and street bikes.
Also traveled on bike in England, Thailand, India, and Japan.

Nice to meet you all here.
Very exciting to go back riding! Actually I already decided on the Honda cbr last year but then I saw the R3 and after some readings reviews decided on the R3 and so far no regrets!
Even after many years without riding, already after 2-3 minutes I realize how easy this bike is and give you lots of confident as a rider.

However, I have small problem with the gear. sometimes when standing and shifting down to first it seems to loose the gear and won't go to first. Also the gear indicator doesn't show any gear at that time. I have to play with the clutch several times before I find the gear again. Has anyone had the same problem?
I was wondering rather it is because the bike is new? or my shifting (which has no problem 99%)? since I can't see any other reason for that.
Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome! What island are you from?

Also, regarding going into first gear, this happens with the R3. You just have to roll the bike forward or backward and pop it into gear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Honolulu.
Not much open space to ride though. However the weather is excellent for riding.
This is why the R3 is so suited to Hawaii

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's seems like if you shift it into first while it's still coasting to a stop it drops right in.. Then once your stopped you can move it to neutral an back to first without any issues.. That's what I do anyways

·
Registered
389 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome. Let go of the clutch, roll bike forward a bit, clutch back in and you will find 1st. Mine does it every so often, used to ride heaps of dirt bikes that used to do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts