Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have the alpinestars leather track pants? What is your personal review about them? Also did you have any sizing issues length wise?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I have them. I am slim. I normally wear a 30 jeans(which are loose on me me by about an inch) and the 30s fit me just fine. I prefer 2 piece suits over 1 piece. The pants are ok. I dont have a problem with the length since a full size boot will cover it at the ankles anyways.

If I were to redesign the pants, I would have the stitching on the velcro where the knee puck attaches to be more focused near the center, so that the puck, when attached, covers the stitching. I went down at the track and the velcro was abraded and it affected the stiching. Having it under the puck would make more sense in protecting the stitching. Other than that I like the pants.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have them. I am slim. I normally wear a 30 jeans(which are loose on me me by about an inch) and the 30s fit me just fine. I prefer 2 piece suits over 1 piece. The pants are ok. I dont have a problem with the length since a full size boot will cover it at the ankles anyways.

If I were to redesign the pants, I would have the stitching on the velcro where the knee puck attaches to be more focused near the center, so that the puck, when attached, covers the stitching. I went down at the track and the velcro was abraded and it affected the stiching. Having it under the puck would make more sense in protecting the stitching. Other than that I like the pants.
I'm also leaning to a 2piece cuz I don't fit into those onesies lol I'm 5'11 @ 195lbs. The reason I asked about length is cuz I have the alpine stars Kevlar denim riding pants and the waist was perfect but the length seem to be meant for someone who was 6.5ft tall so I had to get them hemmed at the bottom, now they fit perfect.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I'm also leaning to a 2piece cuz I don't fit into those onesies lol I'm 5'11 @ 195lbs. The reason I asked about length is cuz I have the alpine stars Kevlar denim riding pants and the waist was perfect but the length seem to be meant for someone who was 6.5ft tall so I had to get them hemmed at the bottom, now they fit perfect.
Ah ok, I thought you were worried about it being too short, when it was the opposite. You were worried about it being too long. Most riding jeans seem to be be sold long(ish), since they go over the boot like normal jeans. Leathers go under your boot so yeah I see the concern. As mentioned, mine fit fine. I am the same height as you and mine were the correct length. Do you have a nearby Cycle Gear or other gear shop? Best bet is to try it out, so you arent mailing stuf back and forth to get the right fitment. Or you could go to Astars website for dimensions. RevZilla and all the other retailers have pretty good sizing guides and charts as well.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the feed back you put my mind at ease now. ya there is a shop here that ill be buying the full set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts