Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI for anyone thinking of buying new gear this spring, Alpinestars have released a bunch of new 2017 items. On the flip side...lots of places are clearing out older models such as SMX6 boots, GP Plus R Jackets, SM8 gloves etc etc. The 2017 models all seem to have the same name, they just added "V2" to them, and quite honestly the changes are slim to none (other than the SMX6 V2 boots which now have inner ankle protection).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Rogal - I noticed they replaced "perforated" with "airflow" now in various jackets

Hope to grab some good deals!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dude are there any sites in particular that are doing good clear outs?
Seems like every store has dropped the prices of older models. For example the SMX-6 used to be $330...they are now $270-$280.
Go the the bike show this coming weekend and you will get the discounted price, plus 25% off at GP bikes. GP tends to have 25% off everything at the shows. Great deals.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually know someone at GP Bikes and she gives me better rates than anything I can get at a show :)
If I give you some cash for Kevlar jeans could you put an order in for me? You are just up the street from me and I can pick them up :) .....Get me a deal on some Sena blue tooth's also...the SMH-10 THNX! :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've spent wayyyyy too much at GP bikes. Too many deals and steals. Wish I had a way of getting to the weekend show, I'd grab even more!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is a good thing you didn't go to the spring show. It was the BIGGEST waste of time and $20. Compared to the winter show that had 6 halls...the spring show had 2 halls and the only decent stand was Riders Choice...and they never have deals. GP bikes had a booth and handed out some kick a** coupons, but didn't have a shop set up.
We ended making one loop around, and within 20 minutes we left and went to GP bikes...LOL!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Aww haha that's too bad. I love those stores, but I think my first leather jacket is going to have to be from Kijiji. May the Lord bless coupons

1 - 13 of 13 Posts