Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone find that their elbow sits on the velcro piece that seals the elbow armor pocket? My gp plus r jacket fits absolutely perfect, but unfortunately my elbows rest against this piece and it irritates the elbow skin.
If anyone has had this issue and found a way to solve it, please let me know what you did!
Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've got the same jacket (I've got perf so maybe the full leather one is different if you have that one?) and I've never had a problem.

You could put bandaids on your elbows, despite how horribly annoying that would get (and expensive) if the duct tape doesn't want to stick to the inside.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got the same jacket (I've got perf so maybe the full leather one is different if you have that one?) and I've never had a problem.

You could put bandaids on your elbows, despite how horribly annoying that would get (and expensive) if the duct tape doesn't want to stick to the inside.

My jacket is also perf. Its the white/red/black. It's not a huge deal, not noticeable when I have a long sleeve shirt on. I think i will end up getting some double sided tape and put it between the piece of armor and the mesh pocket (above where my elbow sits). This way when I put my jacket on, the inside of the sleeve wont slide down with my arm. I'll let you know how it works.
It's a really nice jacket isn't it? I tried on some Icon jackets and they just felt like sh*t compared to this one (even the hypersport prime)....in all categories.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I can't be only person that opened this expecting to see an R3 on the track with major lean angle and the rider putting his elbow on the asphalt.

·
Registered
433 Posts
try wearing some moisture wicking sports/compression long sleeves underneath? Under armour, nike etc.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have an Alpinestars but not that model. I've got a T-Jaws Air and have no problems with it. Super comfortable. It's a 2016 mode. Do you know what year it is? This jacket and my Dainese Raptor are my two favorites. The T-Jaws Air is surprisingly warm with the liner in it,but was looking at a winter jacket like yours or Alpinestars Enforce Drystar or T-Jaws WP.
Your jacket should definitely not be irritating your elbow obviously but as a temporary stop gap, RS Taichi has nice neoprene elbow and arm sleeves that might help. I have he RS Taichi armored elbow sleevs for when I am using an armored vest without a jacket with gloves, and love them.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
try wearing some moisture wicking sports/compression long sleeves underneath? Under armour, nike etc.
I tried the jacket on with some under armor (hot gear) and I don't feel anything what so ever. This may actually be a better idea (cold gear for spring/fall, hot gear for summer) as the jacket itself won't be soaking up nasty stinky sweat.
I am going to end up removing the velcro anyways as it serves absolutely no purpose because there will still be pocket below and above the armor itself. If my elbo armor was to fall out the pocket with my jacket on, that would tell me the jacket is WAY too big.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My jacket is also perf. Its the white/red/black. It's not a huge deal, not noticeable when I have a long sleeve shirt on. I think i will end up getting some double sided tape and put it between the piece of armor and the mesh pocket (above where my elbow sits). This way when I put my jacket on, the inside of the sleeve wont slide down with my arm. I'll let you know how it works.
It's a really nice jacket isn't it? I tried on some Icon jackets and they just felt like sh*t compared to this one (even the hypersport prime)....in all categories.
Oh I love the jacket, I have the blue/black/white to match the blue R3. Super comfortable, super high quality, and with the upgraded back protector it feels like a bulletproof jacket

1 - 11 of 11 Posts