Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, so yesterday I started up my bike for the first time in 3 months. Fired right up! But a little background first.

Bike has a few mods - snorkel delete, iridium plugs, slip on exhaust. But the big one is the Lithium battery (Shorai). When I first put it in, the bike doesn't even crank - literally just fires up.

Yesterday, I expected it to crank - or the battery to be weak since it's outside in my garage. My garage is insulated, but not heated. Temps in there are around the freezing mark.

Well, it fired up with no fuss - same thing. No cranking just vrrooom! I'm seriously impressed. Note that the battery isn't on a trickle charger or anything and has been connected this whole winter. Last start up was in October.

Now, I should also say that the lead acid battery I had in it did almost as well, but with a few cranks. I guess having the insulated garage probably helps a lot too.

Anyways, just wanted to share my experience. Can't wait for spring!

·
Super Moderator
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Totally! I was amazed - and I think that the voltage stability of the Lithium battery really makes all the difference. I forgot to mention that all my lights are LED, and I have an HID headlight conversion. So the voltage to run them is so minimal that it doesn't pull much power. But even before when I had the stock battery, it always cranked a bit and started right up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts