Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So it turned out that I had a faulty shift switch that was causing the false kills when shifting. We replaced the shift unit, and now it's working flawlessly!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Jesse, what are your thoughts on the Annitori QS pro for the street? Does it provide smooth upshifts from 1st to 2nd? Easy install?

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jesse, what are your thoughts on the Annitori QS pro for the street? Does it provide smooth upshifts from 1st to 2nd? Easy install?
The install is pretty involved, and I can't say I recommend it for the street. The shift from 1st to 2nd is a little rough, even at full throttle, but the rest are buttery smooth. Quickshifters are designed to allow smooth shifts at full throttle. Anything less than full throttle isn't ideal, so it really only makes sense when you're pinning it to get onto the freeway or something. That's my .02.
Jesse

·
Registered
28 Posts
I recently rode my brother's Aprilia rsv4 and the factory quickshift is so smooth and seamless. Even street cryising and shifting at midrange rpms clutchless was butter smooth. When you replaced the faulty sensor was that your experience on thisbsystem with the r3?

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never ridden a quickshifter on the street that was buttery smooth lol. My experience has always been that they require full throttle to be buttery smooth, but I've never ridden an OEM one on the street. Once we replaced the switch, the shifter has performed flawlessly on track. My bike doesn't see street riding.
Jesse

·
Registered
28 Posts
ok, the Aprilia system made the bike an absolute lazy-mans pleasure to ride on the street. I couldn't shift it any smoother with the clutch. With that system as long as you're on the throttle it works. I would love to duplicate that, but if this is only really good for WFO I'll probably pass. I don't do enough track schools to justify if it doesn't really work well on the street also.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've never ridden a quickshifter on the street that was buttery smooth lol. My experience has always been that they require full throttle to be buttery smooth, but I've never ridden an OEM one on the street. Once we replaced the switch, the shifter has performed flawlessly on track. My bike doesn't see street riding.
Jesse
The S1k's stumbles at maintenance throttle or barely accelerating, otherwise you just go up through the gears feeling the transmission clicking at any kind of acceleration. And I'm usually doing it between 4 to 6k rpms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts