Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like the look of the actual hardware. I don't like how it looks mounted with the license plate light and signals.

Vagabond still has the best option, imo

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I agree!!
I have the Vagabond on my R3 and I agree with you both, but not everyone has the same taste. That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Posting info on different accessories available for the R3 does not constitute my preference nor is it in any way an endorsement of the accessory or the manufacturer. I just put the info out there about various options on R3 parts & accessories when I come across them........

Also, some people would like to keep the rear reflector for safety reasons and this option allows for that.

Knowledge Is Power!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I definitely appreciate all the links to parts/accessories you post. And of course your vast amounts of knowledge. Thanks for all you do /post!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have the Vagabond on my R3 and I agree with you both, but not everyone has the same taste.
If you think I was trying to dump on your thread, that was not my intent.

When I first came to this forum, I was only aware of the Yoshimura fender eliminator. Some fine folks were posting up about the Vegabond and after reviewing the options, the Vegabond was the clear choice for several reasons.

The Vegabond is a solid kit and tucks neatly underneath. The Yamaha kit above leaves the wires and plate light exposed. The tabs on the plate light are fragile and the Yamaha version offers no protection.

Vegabond Kit (light well protected):

Yahama Kit (plate light exposed):

Thanks for offering up options to us when you find them!

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you think I was trying to dump on your thread, that was not my intent.

When I first came to this forum, I was only aware of the Yoshimura fender eliminator. Some fine folks were posting up about the Vegabond and after reviewing the options, the Vegabond was the clear choice for several reasons.

The Vegabond is a solid kit and tucks neatly underneath. The Yamaha kit above leaves the wires and plate light exposed. The tabs on the plate light are fragile and the Yamaha version offers no protection.

Vegabond Kit (light well protected):

Yahama Kit (plate light exposed):

Thanks for offering up options to us when you find them!
No worries! I didn't think that. I just figured I should probably add a disclaimer so people don't think I'm a shill for any company or brand

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe just a back rub...lol

Glen, we DO appreciate you keeping an eye out on new parts available.
YOU brought us the Ohlins shock from KD Project Racing, after all...
Thanks, again.

Maybe a bit of Downward Dog would be appropriate, seeing as it's World Yoga Day today. AND Summer Solstice (Northern Hemisphere, Winter Solstice in Southern Hemisphere) AND Father's Day in some countries.

Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts