Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2015 with less than 1k miles on the clock to use as a track bike, but now I'm hesitant to start pulling mirrors/lights off of it cause it's so much fun on the street!

Anyway, I got a red and white one, those are the fastest, right?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
You guys are all nuts. Everyone knows the Matte Gray's are 0.002% quicker in the quarter mile and have 0.5 degrees more lean angle as well.
sensasianone is correct though... decals (when properly applied) add up to 2hp.... each!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike.
Ride safe!

·
Registered
50 Posts
welcome!! nice ride! just a couple of people knows that black is faster... no one noticed is because it is like a ninja in the night... LoL

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
What tires were you running? Just going too fast, or not hanging off enough, or...??
Lol sorry for th super late reply. First red bike I lowsided was a brand new N650. I was one of those new riders hat had "grown out" of my first bike, an EX500. I went for a canyon ride and lowsided. Nothing to do with tires. Just a newbie being a newb. Second red bike to low side was my R3 on the track with S20s. I was getting really confident, taking a particular turn faster and faster. When I lowsided, I probably came in faster than I thought, gave it too much brake while still leaned over, and lost the front. That was at Chuckwalla. I walked away from that and in my crash video you can see me literally walking away in disappointment as the bike rotates and gets a quick glance of me. Crashing on the track is not nearly as bad as on the street.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts