Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey - anyRr3 riders in the Sac. area? Looking to set up some rides in the foothills etc.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ericbk02 you're only about 4 miles away; looks like you're off of Gerber?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
off gerber near power inn. Planning to ride sunday. meet up about 10:00. Since I cannot PM yet, reply and let me know

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how about this - 16 out to 49N to placerville to 193 (canyon riding) through georgetown back to 49 to auburn and 80 home. Stop somewhere for eats...

·
Registered
27 Posts
What's both of your experience through 193? I've only been riding for a month and not sure if that may be slightly above my skill level at the moment. let me know; sounds like a blast though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What's both of your experience through 193? I've only been riding for a month and not sure if that may be slightly above my skill level at the moment. let me know; sounds like a blast though.
You are right - 193 would be a bit daunting for you. If you want to hook up, I can think of something a bit tamer. I have 47 years in the saddle. However, I always watch for fellow riders and - - if needed try coach to help them learn. In group riding, the pack needs to ride to the ability of the slowest rider, not the fastest.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Out in Davis..... Newbie rider!
Okay....If any want to meet up about 10:00 am, let me know. I'll go out here and put my number, and all interested should be able to figure the area code from my location.....
410-5418
If contacted, I give meeting point, and if "newbies", will modify ride to be more "relaxed"

·
Registered
320 Posts
I got this pesky coolant leak I need addressed by the dealer on Tuesday so I may have to opt out till the next one. Sucks for only having 225 miles now. I really wanted to break the motor in so I could slap my R-77 on.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got this pesky coolant leak I need addressed by the dealer on Tuesday so I may have to opt out till the next one. Sucks for only having 225 miles now. I really wanted to break the motor in so I could slap my R-77 on.
Yeah - that is kinda a pain.... but when something so complex is mass produced, there are always a few small issues. Get in touch when ready and we will put a few mikes down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Eric - That's really cool of you - thanks. I'm about your age as well but not as much experience - mostly motocross back in the day. I will reach out soon.

Bryan

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ok, hope you guys are having fun and having a safe ride this nice Sunday. Took a 50 mile ride and it seems to be ok, no more leak. Still getting a new cap put on tomorrow and I should be good for the next ride.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well - Saturday did first oil and filter change, then put down about 140 miles on Sunday. Good ride - pretty laid back. Down 160 along the river, 12 over to Lockeford and 88 to Jackson, lunch, and then home. I ride often - especially on Sundays - but get in touch so we can get some rides in as a "R-3" group. It would be awesome to see all the R3 riders in the area form a group and set up some group rides.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts