Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a college student with two years left of school. I'm working, and going to school. I got my license about a year ago, and I live in San Marcos, Texas with parents back in Houston. Has anyone purchased a bike in Texas or somewhere close to those two locations and for how much? Everywhere I look I've seen $4990 and somewhere outside of Houston for $4690 and thats not OTD.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Check out Tejas Motorsports in Highlands, just east of Houston. That is where I bought mine. $55xx OTD. All they added was the TT&L, but now since they have been out awhile, might be a little less. If you get one from them say I referred you, and I will get a parts credit.
Daryl (cwmoss)

·
Registered
330 Posts
I got mine at Houston Motorsports. Paid like $4850, something like $56XX OTD on a red model they had in stock.

I highly recommend purchasing from this dealership, by the way. Great customer service and super easy to work with.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've been waiting for the 2016s to come out, and the Woods in Austin can't even give me a delivery date on when they'll get some in. This will be my first bike, I can't stand waiting. :X

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I've been waiting for the 2016s to come out, and the Woods in Austin can't even give me a delivery date on when they'll get some in. This will be my first bike, I can't stand waiting.
They should already have some 2016's right now.
Expect it any day. Your wait is just about over.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I've been waiting for the 2016s to come out, and the Woods in Austin can't even give me a delivery date on when they'll get some in. This will be my first bike, I can't stand waiting. :X
We have them in dealers on the West Coast. They are in trucks coming East now. Almost there!

PROOF OF LIFE PHOTOS
You can pay your ransom to get your loved one soon.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You guys just made my day! I sent a text to the salesperson at Woods here in Austin on Friday, and she still didn't have any ETA. The black looks so **** good.

Thanks again, it's good to know they are at least showing up for some folks now.

Reactions: Bird

·
Registered
330 Posts
They should already have some 2016's right now.
Expect it any day. Your wait is just about over.
The dealership they mentioned, Woods, can barely keep a 15 in stock. According to the sales manager I asked, they still have a few more 15s on the way before they even bother with a 16. I took that with a grain of salt, mind you, but I'd believe it. They are being sold very, very quickly here in Austin.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
The dealership they mentioned, Woods, can barely keep a 15 in stock. According to the sales manager I asked, they still have a few more 15s on the way before they even bother with a 16. I took that with a grain of salt, mind you, but I'd believe it. They are being sold very, very quickly here in Austin.
The manufacturer will automatically ship bikes to dealers. Sometimes, the dealer doesn't even know what is arriving, or when. A truck just shows-up at the dealer and they off-load the bikes.

The R3 is smoking HOT right now. They are selling fast all over the place!

·
Registered
186 Posts
There is no reason to pay more than $5250 OTD. Contact dealers through the Yamaha dealer search site. Eventually someone will give you a deal. The first place I went the dealer was holding firm at $6200 OTD, 18 miles further west I got $5246 OTD. You must have a take it or leave it attitude.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ride4Ever
What is included in OTD? I've heard it inconsistently explained.
Does it include everything (bike plus freight & setup) minus the tax and dmv fees? Or is it literally every cost included to get it out the door?

Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
It should be everything. All taxes, all fees, all bullshit added.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Did you try looking at central texas powersports in Georgetown? I was there yesterday getting my bike appraised. I know they have some R3s but didn't ask is they were 15 or 16s

1 - 20 of 21 Posts