Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have really been giving this some thought. I really do not like the low side mount exhaust systems and really liked my YZf R1 in the states with under tail set up. I am in Thailand now messing with a R3 for fun and am looking at custom fab'ing a set up. Anyone else play with it, just curious

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi TL, we are due to go to Thailand, Bangkok and Sukothai, can you tell me if there are any decent accessory shops there?.
I have found KD racing projects as one. Im looking to pick up a swing arm cover/hugger, a pair of preload adjusters, and some mirrors, possibly a jack up kit for the back end?

any links or advice would be appreciated.

cheers

Marshy

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi TL, we are due to go to Thailand, Bangkok and Sukothai, can you tell me if there are any decent accessory shops there?.
I have found KD racing projects as one. Im looking to pick up a swing arm cover/hugger, a pair of preload adjusters, and some mirrors, possibly a jack up kit for the back end?

any links or advice would be appreciated.

cheers

Marshy
You can try the dirtshop in Bangkok. Honestly though I have found that most all Yamaha stuff is more expensive then the US which is why I buy there and bring back with me.

Travel Safe.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been curious about the same thing.. Keep us posted on any progress

Sent from my Z963U using Tapatalk
Would be really unique. Why don't you make it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I will. I am mocking up some stuff just seeing feasibility. Challenge will be what Slip on to use. it will be a single. The hangers under the seat will be easy to fab. There appears to be room for the exhaust.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I mocked up some locations and have decided I will mess with it later. I am going to install my Leo Vince set up for now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Looking at this Leo Vince Can I believe it will work for the under tail. For now I will install this set up on my R3 but will work on a under tail design. This will take a few mods for the sensor but not a big deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts