Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Anyone done an oil analysis?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SofaCruiser 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has done an oil analysis using different oils or at different change intervals? I'm curious about say a Yamalube vs. Motul or some other brand of oil in terms of the amount of metals in the oil.

This post has been deleted
#3 ·
What do you plan to do with the knowledge? With bikes it's complicated because you need to factor in if it's track or highway miles and how much clutch sympathy the rider has. I've yet to hear any horror stories about excessive wear so change your oil as often as you find necessary for the type of riding you do.

#5 ·
I don't care about oils too much and all my vehicles never showed any signs of unusual wear or problems. As Milc wrote, just make sure you get the right kind of oil (viscosity <=> temperatures) for your climate and change intervals for your riding style. I don't even buy famous brands any more. As long as it's suited for the job and meets the requirements of the manufactures (long life oil for example) I even buy cheap supermarket oil without a second thought.

Reactions: kiko
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.