Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Just takes a bit of pushing down. Make sure there's no dirt or anything along the rim of the tank. If there's any dirt, a pebble, blah blah, it could be what's making it difficult to close

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks. I have used pressure to push down on it and eventually it will close. Nothing in there - it's clean and like new. I wonder if there is a way to adjust it slightly?
No way to adjust it unless you want to take it apart and shorten the springs.

I'm not entirely sure you're closing it correctly. Open it by turning the key and it pops open ez pz. Close it by flipping it closed and then press with both thumbs down on the further part from you until you feel a snap and the key turns counter clockwise slightly (without you touching the key at all). Then release with your thumbs and the key should turn counter clockwise without any restriction and come out, ez pz.

Try closing it by pushing down and turning the key will sooner or later result in a broken key and a very frustrated wife/gf/mom/friend who is forced to bring you a new key.

·
Registered
330 Posts
You think this is bad you should try my BMW. It doesn't matter how hard I press with it I still miss half the time.

·
Super Moderator
1,329 Posts
Close it by flipping it closed and then press with both thumbs down on the further part from you until you feel a snap and the key turns counter clockwise slightly (without you touching the key at all). Then release with your thumbs and the key should turn counter clockwise without any restriction and come out, ez pz.
Here it is. See, I have my earplugs in at the gas station, and I never previously noticed the click ... :|

1 - 13 of 13 Posts