Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the title says I'm thinking of going with the voodoo exhaust an in my search I couldn't find a sound of it on an r3.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it does look like that. I was hoping someone had a voodoo on to see how it sounds an if it's a match fit or if there is any extra work to the install of it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just installed the VooDoo slip on... PIA

Hate to necro a thread, but it's better here than starting a new one.

I just installed the VooDoo slip on, and it was a pain. The T-bolt clamp they sent broke when I was tightening it, so I went to Lowes and bought a worm clamp which works a million times better. Apparently, VooDoo clamps are cheaply made, as I wasn't the only one that had a bolt break.

Secondly, the heat shield didn't fit right, I had to hacksaw off a corner of the bottom tab to make it sit flush. Also, if you buy one of these, remove the small plastic washer that sits in the rubber bushing, the heat shield acts as the buffer between the plastic and metal.

Overall, it's a decent slip on. I purchased the speakeasy DB killer, but couldn't install it. The baffle in the muffler had holes drilled 1/2 mm off, and I wasn't about to hammer aluminum into steel. It's not like the R3 is too loud and needs a DB killer anyway. The black finish scratches easily, so be careful. It looks good and sounds good. So, if you're willing to do a bit of modification to make the heat shield fit and grab a cheap worm clamp, I'd say it's worth it. If I had to do it all over again though, I'd buy the Coffman exhaust.

Comparing it to the Coffman, they're very similar. The Coffman has a removable tip, VooDoo doesn't, which I think gives the VooDoo a slightly cleaner and more streamlined look. I'd imagine the Coffman heatshield fits better than the VooDoo. One benefit the VooDoo has is that it doesn't use a rivet, so you can adjust the muffler angle easily. Once I tightened the worm clamp, I don't think the muffler is going anywhere.

If the shorty slashed tipped mufflers aren't for you, I'd suggest checking out the TYGA slip on. The Akra GP, VooDoo, Coffman, and TYGA are all around the same price. Pick which best suits you and your bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts