Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, who's going to Autobahn at the end of the month? Trying to scope up my competition before....erghh...I mean make friends before :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
I wanted to hit that up but I'm racing the weekend before with MCRA at Putnam and that weekend I'll be marshaling the MotoGP at COTA.

I couldn't find what race classes would be racing that day. I think Moto3 is the only class the R3 fits in and I didn't find a spec sheet for bike requirements. I might hit that up later in the year but I have to go do all MCRA events so that puts a strain on the budget.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to hit that up but I'm racing the weekend before with MCRA at Putnam and that weekend I'll be marshaling the MotoGP at COTA.

I couldn't find what race classes would be racing that day. I think Moto3 is the only class the R3 fits in and I didn't find a spec sheet for bike requirements. I might hit that up later in the year but I have to go do all MCRA events so that puts a strain on the budget.
I think you're off by a week, but I understand the budget and schedule constraints. I'm pretty certain the MCRA at Putnam event is next weekend, and the COTA GP race is the weekend after. CCS weekend at ACC is the weekend after that (29-30th). The R3 is competitive in 3 classes now. Moto3, Supersport 500 and Superbike 500.

It's a bit early to predict the future, but as of now I do plan on going to the HPT event with MCRA in September and do the little bike race there (I can't last 25 minutes on the zx6r so not doing that one lol).

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think you're off by a week, but I understand the budget and schedule constraints. I'm pretty certain the MCRA at Putnam event is next weekend, and the COTA GP race is the weekend after. CCS weekend at ACC is the weekend after that (29-30th). The R3 is competitive in 3 classes now. Moto3, Supersport 500 and Superbike 500.

It's a bit early to predict the future, but as of now I do plan on going to the HPT event with MCRA in September and do the little bike race there (I can't last 25 minutes on the zx6r so not doing that one lol).
Yeah I think I am off by a week, How many races are there per day with CCS? Is it a full day packed full of races? I've never been to a race day, only track days with 1 or 2 races a day.

I'll be at HPT running ULGT so it looks like we're competitors! I've never ran HPT before and I'm not the most seasoned rider so I'll be quite a bit behind. There are a lot of newer riders racing with MCRA in the ULGT, so it should be a blast!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I think I am off by a week, How many races are there per day with CCS? Is it a full day packed full of races? I've never been to a race day, only track days with 1 or 2 races a day.

I'll be at HPT running ULGT so it looks like we're competitors! I've never ran HPT before and I'm not the most seasoned rider so I'll be quite a bit behind. There are a lot of newer riders racing with MCRA in the ULGT, so it should be a blast!
That's good because last year at Hallet there were like 4-5 people only running in that class. I only watched because my 500 was not legal for ULGT. I've been to HPT only once and it was on their shorter course configuration, and it was in 2014 right before they shut down. That's why I want to go back, track should be in much better shape.

CCS race weekends vary quite a bit based on track and event. Some run practice day on Saturday, and then all races on Sunday (a total of about 18 or more usually), whereas others run some races Saturday and some on Sunday. Sometimes they're standard scoring, other times they do double points. And they have one or two events that are twin sprints, meaning they do all races Saturday, and then repeat again with same schedule for Sunday. So you basically do 2 races for each class.

The schedule for the first event at ACC is a couple of practice sessions Saturday morning, 9 races in the afternoon, and the ASRA team challenge. Then Sunday, a couple of practice sessions in the morning again, followed by 18 sprint races. If I'm going to run both my bikes, which is looking more and more challenging now that the R3 might not be ready in time, I would be doing 1 race Saturday on the ZX6R, then 5 on Sunday (2 on the ZX6R and 3 on the R3), plus the practice sessions.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Bold are races R3 can compete in. ASRA race requires AMA membership.

Saturday Schedule

7:00AM Tech Opens
8:00AM Riders Meeting
8:30AM 2 Rounds of Practice as Follows:
 Group # 1 : All Amateur MW, HW, UNL Classes, SuperTwins,
ASRA SportBikes & ASRA SuperStock
Group # 2 : All Moto 3, Ultralight, Lightweights & ThunderBikes
 Group # 3: All Expert 250 GP, MW, HW, UNL Classes,
SuperTwins ASRA SportBikes & ASRA SuperStock
 Group # 4: Team Challenge

10:30AM LCR Clinic
10:45AM Lunch Break
10:50AM Riders Meeting
11:45AM LCR Clinic
12:00PM 25 Min GT Races:
1. GTO (EX & AM)
2. GTL (EX & AM) / GT 300
3. GTU (EX & AM)
LCR Clinic (15 Min)
6-Lap CCS Races:
4. HW SuperSport (EX & AM) / Vintage MW
5. LW SuperSport (EX & AM) / Vintage LW
6. Unlimited SuperSport (EX & AM)
7. Middleweight SuperSport (EX & AM)
8. LCR Exhibition Race (6 Laps)
9. ASRA Team Challenge Presented by Michelin Tire (69 Laps)
ASRA Team Challenge Series
Presented by Michelin Tire

Sunday Schedule

7:00AM Tech Opens
7:10 AM Chapel Service in Victory Lane
8:00AM Riders Meeting
8:30AM 2 Rounds of Practice as Follows:
 Group # 1: All Amateur MW, HW, UNL Classes, SuperTwins,
ASRA SportBikes & ASRA SuperStock
Group # 2: All Moto 3, Ultralight, Lightweights & ThunderBikes
 Group # 3: All Expert 250 GP, MW, HW, UNL Classes,
SuperTwins ASRA SportBikes & ASRA SuperStock

10:30 AM 6 lap CCS Sprints:
1. Moto 3 / 300 ThunderBike / Premier Vintage
2. Middleweight F 40 (EX & AM )
3. CCS ThunderBike (EX & AM) / 500 SuperSport
Lunch Break (60 Min) ASRA Riders Meeting
Chapel Service -following ASRA meeting
ASRA Sprints Presented by Pirelli Tire:
4. ASRA Moto 3 (8 Laps)
5. ASRA SuperStock (8 Laps)
6. ASRA ThunderBike (8 Laps)
7. ASRA SportBike (8 Laps)
6 lap CCS Sprints:
8. Lightweight GP (EX & AM) / 500 SuperBike
9. Formula 40 (EX & AM) ) / Vintage Premier
10. Middleweight SuperBike (EX & AM)
11. Ultra Light SuperBike (EX & AM)
12. Unlimited Grand Prix (EX & AM)
13. Middleweight GP (EX & AM)
14. SuperTwins (EX & AM) / Classic
15. Lightweight F-40 (EX & AM)
16. Heavyweight SuperBike (EX & AM)
17. Lightweight SuperBike (EX & AM)
18. Unlimited SuperBike (EX & AM)
ASRA Championship Series
Presented by Pirelli Tire
Revised 3/24/17
Autobahn Country Club
April 29-30, 2017 Schedule of Events
Championship Cup Series Featuring the AMA Sanctioned Team Challenge by Michelin Tire
and ASRA Championship Series Presented by Pirelli Tire

Due to time constraints, ASRA Championship Series will
grid by current point standings,
2017 Mid-West
Roadracing Championship
May 20-21 Blackhawk Farms #
June 10-11 Brainerd Intl**
(Hosted by CRA – CCS Points Sunday Only)
July 1-2 Road America
(With CRA)
July 22-23 Blackhawk Farms
Aug 5-6 Gingerman Raceway #
Aug 19-20 Blackhawk Farms #
Sep 23-24 Blackhawk Farms*
* = Double Points ** = Twin Sprints

http://www.ccsracing.us/schedules/2017/2017_Schedules_PDF/2017%20ACC%20April%20Schedule.pdf

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^Yeah I didn't include ASRA since I don't plan on getting an AMA membership and run those races. I'll just stick to CCS sprints.

I think it's BS that the R3 is not allowed in the GT300, which is really the replacement for GT Ultralight. I was actually planning on running that race at ACC only for the purpose of more practice, since it will be my first time at that track, first time on this bike and first time riding in over 6 months. I was going to enter that race because it's Saturday after the practice sessions, and it would be an extra 15 laps or so that I could use to learn the track...but guess not...

·
Registered
198 Posts
it will be my first time at that track, first time on this bike and first time riding in over 6 months. I was going to enter that race because it's Saturday after the practice sessions, and it would be an extra 15 laps or so that I could use to learn the track...but guess not...
If it's the north course, it takes all of 5 minutes to learn the track, it's stupid simple. Just don't blow turn 2 (I think it's technically turn 2, might be turn 1) because you'll find a wall VERY quickly. That's my biggest gripe with Autobahn, it's definitely not a safe track if/when things go wrong.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it's the north course, it takes all of 5 minutes to learn the track, it's stupid simple. Just don't blow turn 2 (I think it's technically turn 2, might be turn 1) because you'll find a wall VERY quickly. That's my biggest gripe with Autobahn, it's definitely not a safe track if/when things go wrong.
It's the south course.

Looks like if the weather is nice this weekend, I'll be doing a quick shake-down at a track day at Heartland Park. I won't have my R3 unfortunately since I'm still waiting on parts, but at least I'll get myself back into the groove and make sure all is well with the ZX6R since I made some changes on the suspensions this winter.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Going to be at Blackhawk next weekend. Anyone on here going to be there?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will be corner working. Post up where you will be pitted and I will stop by.

Not much racing for me this year with building a house.
I know how that feels. That was basically 2014 for me. Sold a bike and less track time because I bought a house. Growing up sucks! lol

I'll be in garage #8 (open wall type).

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Either of you guys coming up to BIR for the combined CRA/CCS dual event on June 10th-11th?
I am not.

I do plan on Road America though July 1st-2nd.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anyone going to Road America in a couple of weeks?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Anyone going to Road America in a couple of weeks?
I will be. Are you going to be there, Alex? If so, I'm excited to officially meet in person. I've got a team of small bike guys. We all pit together. We'd be happy to have you on board! I imagine we will be getting there late Thursday night, assuming we have Friday practice. I still need to get my registration taken care of! :eek:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will be. Are you going to be there, Alex? If so, I'm excited to officially meet in person. I've got a team of small bike guys. We all pit together. We'd be happy to have you on board! I imagine we will be getting there late Thursday night, assuming we have Friday practice. I still need to get my registration taken care of! :eek:
Yes I will! I'll likely be getting there Friday evening. Look up the tentative schedule for that weekend on CCS' site. There is no practice day, but STT is running track days Thursday and Friday. They do it every year before this event. Races both Saturday and Sunday. I'll be signing up for Moto 3, 500SS, and 500 SB with the R3, plus a few on the zx6r that are TBD.

We'll get 3 practice sessions Saturday morning and 2 Sunday morning. I'll come out and look for you. I'm not sure who I'm going with as I'm still trying to find some locals to carpool/trailerpool with, but I already know some guys that I'll be meeting there for sure and I'll pit with them. But I always walk/bike around the paddock and talk to others so I'll be sure to stop by to congratulate you after every race that you'll kick my ass in :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts