Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be up for a weekend get together. If anyone is wants to do a Sunday ride to the Hampton's/East End and grab lunch that would be cool.

I'll be coming from Queens so whether we are meeting up around there or Nassau/Suffolk... doesn't matter.

I just did my 600 mile oil/filter change. Good to go!

P.S. it's actually supposed to be really nice tomorrow... someones got to own an R3 from my area on here!!

-Thomas

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hey man. I have a scooter (Piaggio Fly 150) and a 2003 Honda CBR 600RR, which is off the road ATM. I am selling both-one is sold, and the other one is listed. Anyway, I am "downgrading" from a 600 to a 300 with the R3. I don't ride fast much anymore and want something a little more ergonomic and chill but still has some zip. Can't wait!

Anyway, I live in Brooklyn. None of my friends are riders, so yeah I would totally be up for a ride no doubt. Hope to get the bike in the next 2 weeks. I'll keep you posted. Stay in touch and we can exchange info in the future and set a ride day up.

Copasetic?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good, just let me know when you got your new setup! The r3 is a pretty awesome bike... definitely got some go to it. It does really everything you need it to do without getting to crazy and you'll probably walk out the door with it for 5800$ possibly a little less if you're really good at negotiation and/or the dealer has them in abundance.

Just to give you a heads up what I paid... 3000$ cash + honda Grom trade in. I had about 1750 miles on the 2014 grom with lets say about 1300$ in aftermarket parts/labor value. They worked numbers on there end to be 2500$ trade in for it. So "technically I paid 5500$ out the door... but the dealer has the option to make anywhere from 500$-$1000 on the GROM once he sells it. I was just in a need to have the R3 now state of mind and I couldn't deal with the hassle and nonsense of craigslist.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in Queens as well, but I store my R3 at my parents place in Baldwin (Nassau).
Picked mine up about 2 months ago.
I got about 80 miles on mine so far, been too busy to take it out often, and I got no friends to ride with either.
Mods so far: Vagabond FE, Yoshimura full exhaust CF

Which dealers did you guys get your R3s from?

I got mine at Cross Bay Motorsports (Bayshore), OTD 6150.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got mine from island power sports ... on sunrise highway.

DM me your number and will get some riding done. I'm already 1200 Miles on the odo

·
Registered
71 Posts
hey man I just picked my bike up this weekend ... only rode my bike once since then. Fresh new rider so I wanted something " beginner" labeled and seen this as the best option out there. I live in Queens by the way. Any of you guys ever want to link up just shoot me a private message.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts