Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear they can't be 10mm because I tried to screw in a 10mm mirror and it was too big.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I swear they can't be 10mm because I tried to screw in a 10mm mirror and it was too big.
All Yamaha's use 10mm mirror bolts. I installed Rizomas on my R3 and they were definitely 10mm.

Could it be that you were trying to screw in the right side mirror, Clockwise? If your mirrors came off of a Honda, Kawi, Suzuki, etc, they are right hand threaded.

The right side Yamaha mirror always uses a left hand threaded bolt. Most mirrors come with both sides right hand threaded and most new pairs come with an adapter for the right mirror so that you can install it on a Yamaha.....

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Fang, I eventually got it. Thing just had to be aligned super perfect before it caught on the thread. I kept spinning it in a circle over and over I swear I thought it was too big but I tried again and it finally took. This was the left side so I knew I wasn't messing up the rotation.

Stirz, move this thread to the Problem Solved Boards! Just kidding.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Thanks for the reply Fang, I eventually got it. Thing just had to be aligned super perfect before it caught on the thread. I kept spinning it in a circle over and over I swear I thought it was too big but I tried again and it finally took. This was the left side so I knew I wasn't messing up the rotation.

Stirz, move this thread to the Problem Solved Boards! Just kidding.
Cool! Boom! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts