Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has tried these cheap adjustable brackets for the rear sets. They are sold on Ali-Express, E-Bay, and likely other places. There are no dimensions that I can find but I'm guessing this would move the rear sets back say 1 1/2" (38 mm) and up about 1" (25 mm) at the furthest adjustment hole. I'm not foolish enough to think these are equivalent to proper aftermarket rear sets, but then again they are much cheaper. If someone has tried these please chime in and let me know if they are worth $20 or not. Thanks,

16.2US $ 29% OFF|For Yamaha YZF R3 ABS R25 MT03 MT25 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Moto Rearset Rear set Replacement Base Mounting Bracket Plate|Covers & Ornamental Mouldings| - AliExpress

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have three Yamaha R3's, and all are equipped with these. I generally don't don't buy cheap/Chinese parts. These a just a machined piece of aluminum, with no moving parts. They come with a longer shift rod as well. I have had ZERO issues with these, and they are well worth the $20-

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have three Yamaha R3's, and all are equipped with these. I generally don't don't buy cheap/Chinese parts. These a just a machined piece of aluminum, with no moving parts. They come with a longer shift rod as well. I have had ZERO issues with these, and they are well worth the $20-
Thanks. That's good to hear. Am I correct to assume these will move the rear sets about 1 1/2" back and about 1" high? Does that seem about right ? If you can measure, that would be really helpful.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks. That's good to hear. Am I correct to assume these will move the rear sets about 1 1/2" back and about 1" high? Does that seem about right ? If you can measure, that would be really helpful.
That sounds about right..... They move the pegs just enough to offer a little sportier feel. I also tried a pair of the Norton racing brackets. Those were WAY too aggressive for my likes (even on the lowest setting).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts