Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be needing pins for the R3 to use with my Pitbull TRS and was wondering what the pins actually look like. I noticed unlike most other bikes in this class, the R3 actually has a hollow axle, although pretty small diameter. Do the pins go inside the axle then or do they hold from the outside on the axle nuts (like the ones on my CBR500)?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes I am, one side is the traditional pin that slides in the axle, the other side is basically a socket that goes around the nut

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yes I am, one side is the traditional pin that slides in the axle, the other side is basically a socket that goes around the nut
Let me know if you would ever be looking to sell your pins set. I would love to take them off your hands! :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I feel like Pitbull charges a small fortune for them. I mean I love their stuff, they make great stuff, but $100 for 2 pins? ****!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah I feel like Pitbull charges a small fortune for them. I mean I love their stuff, they make great stuff, but $100 for 2 pins? ****!
Exactly. I was fortunate enough to find a TRS for under $200 (score!), but it makes it pretty hard to justify spending another $100 for the last two little pieces.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly. I was fortunate enough to find a TRS for under $200 (score!), but it makes it pretty hard to justify spending another $100 for the last two little pieces.
If you come up on a good deal somewhere and more than one set is available you should let me know :) I see you're a CRA guy. Hopefully I'll make it up to BIR again soon, probably during the combined CCS/CRA event. Nice bike btw...I'm thinking I'll end up with a lot of yellow on mine too, just to try something different.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it sorted out. Lucked out and found a set of TRS pins as well as a #8T pin for the front stand from the same guy. Brand new, but cheaper :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Got it sorted out. Lucked out and found a set of TRS pins as well as a #8T pin for the front stand from the same guy. Brand new, but cheaper
Let me know if he has friends with the same parts. I need them yet! :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let me know if he has friends with the same parts. I need them yet! :)
Post it up on the WERA forum. You'll be much more likely to find stuff there. Lots of people there.

Reactions: Stettnichs
1 - 11 of 11 Posts