Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am leaning on getting a Scoprio. The Scorpio alarm has siren, shock/tilt sensor, ignition kill etc. Their Ride system provides data and also has a app for GPS position and monitoring. You can get the bundle but it doesn't meld all the features together. You get everything except the ignition kill. While the telemetric data is cool and potentially useful, it is not as important as the security features. I definitely would want the app and mobile features like gps monitoring.

Now I live in NY and while I usually garage it I do have it on the street a lot. I kept my Piaggio Fly 150 on the street for years without issues. It is more convenient than walking from my apartment 2 blocks to parking garage and getting it. It is garaged usually during inclement months. I have not has issue but New York is a big city and with such a large city it comes with commensurate crime. I just want to err on the side of caution.

Nothing is foolproof but I think I am going to use the Xena XX-6 and cable along with a Scorpio. Should be a decent deterrent and fair amount of security.

Anyway, has anyone gotten one yet? Which one? Thoughts? How hard is it to install? It is an expensive setup with the Scorpio being $400 and the Xena being $70 Before I pulled the trigger I wanted to do my due diligence.

How about any alts? I've seen a lot of people on the forums supporting Xena disc locks and Feng Shui with his alarm - Gorilla IIRC.

Thanks,

Kenji

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: Welll...crickets! Oh well. Ordered the Scorpio Ride/Secure Alarm + GPS bundle along with the Xena XX6. I am going to see if I can install it myself and post instructions and/or review. The shop near me said it would be like 2 hours of labor which is exorbitant at their labor price per hour.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts