Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm in the middle of swapping out my exhaust system; picked up the Toce Razor Tip full system, as well as the aRacer RC Mini5 and AF2 wideband AFR module, to take the place of the stock lambda sensor.

Gotten to the point of screwing the AF2 onto the lambda sensor bung on the midpipe and... It's way too big. Coming to find that this is apparently because it's a wideband sensor, while the stock ones are narrowband? (the sensor that comes attached to the AF2 is a Bosch LSU 4.9 wideband) Does anyone have any experience with installing an AF1/AF2 on their R3? I assume i'm gonna have to take this to a muffler shop and get a larger bung put onto the collector, but idk if anyone here had a different experience or found a way to use a narrowband sensor or what.

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question, I've never had to do something like this before 馃

Registered
You need the wide-band sensor for that system to do its job. A narrow-band will not and cannot do the same job.

Commonly, the threads are M12 for narrow-band sensors and M18 for wide-band sensors. A good many aftermarket exhaust systems come with a M18 bung with a M12-to-M18 adapter screwed in so that you can use either one. In any case, if you have an exhaust place TIG weld a M18 bung in place, you will then be able to do that (with the suitable adapter). Sounds like you are on that track ... carry on.

Registered
One other small thing before you complete that welding. Make sure the bung is positioned and oriented in a way that will allow the (much longer) wideband sensor to fit in the bike when you are done!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts