Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just got a graves full system for my track bike. I'm am debating whether I should have my ECU flashed or if I should buy an aRacer Mini 5 to the bike though.

My bike is a track bike only and in like a year or 2 I want to get into racing it (Superstock). Therefore, I'm not sure whether I should stick to ECU flash or the aRacer Mini 5.

I went to school to be a car mechanic but I do not have any experience mapping. Is this something I can learn or not?

What do you guys think? I would really appreciate your opinion.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The FIRST thing you need to do before ANYthing else, is consult the rulebook for the class in which you wish to participate, which ought to be available from the organiser of the series. There is a very good chance that the rulebook will define your course of action.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hi all,

I just got a graves full system for my track bike. I'm am debating whether I should have my ECU flashed or if I should buy an aRacer Mini 5 to the bike though.

My bike is a track bike only and in like a year or 2 I want to get into racing it (Superstock). Therefore, I'm not sure whether I should stick to ECU flash or the aRacer Mini 5.

I went to school to be a car mechanic but I do not have any experience mapping. Is this something I can learn or not?

What do you guys think? I would really appreciate your opinion.
I'd send my ECU to graves racing services. They did my R3 ECU and it was amazing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks! I am looking at buying a full exhaust and already have the high flow air filter so guess I should look in to this as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So an update on this. I ended up getting the Stock ECU flashed. I bought the Graves full system and the MWR racing filter and with this alone the bike does around 40 hp to the wheel. I also checked the updated rule book for LRRS this is all allowed for the superstock 300.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts