Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the R25's first full month on sale in Indonesia it showed its rivals that the segment is no longer straight forward!

In August 2014, 2,202 units of Yamaha R25 were sold while Kawasaki Ninja Ninja 250R did only 2,159 units. Honda CBR 250R is no longer a threat as only 152 units were delivered in the month. Yamaha R25 has only one variant. Kawasaki Ninja 250R and Honda CBR 250R come in two variants, ABS equipped and non-ABS versions. 1,714 units of Ninja 250R ABS variant were sold and non-ABS accounts to 445 only. CBR 250R ABS model did 116 sales and non-ABS trim only 36.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Was it? I mean it was awfully close, so even if it was expected, I don't think that you can say it isn't a little bit surprising.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm not sure why they even make non-ABS versions of bikes. I would never choose the non-ABS version, and I also feel that soon regulations will make it so that ABS is required for all motorcycles.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm not sure why they even make non-ABS versions of bikes. I would never choose the non-ABS version, and I also feel that soon regulations will make it so that ABS is required for all motorcycles.
that's what i was thinking, at this stage in the industry, i thought that they would at least start adjusting to what things will be like in the near future and at the same time make things easier on their end and making abs standard is a great way to do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts