Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after about 4 weeks on my new bike, it's time to start the modding process. It took about 30 minutes to swap the ugly, warm, incandescent light, with a new, nice, bright white LED you now see before you. I personally:nerd: think your lights should be the first thing to change, then your fender eliminator kit, but is just me.

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
So what bulb did you use, and a how to write up would be nice.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So what bulb did you use, and a how to write up would be nice.

Bulb size is 194 or T10

The Philips one I ordered on Amazon came with 2 bulbs so I have an extra one if you would like it. Im in the Citrus Park area so maybe we can meet up if you want it and then I can also checkout the TST taillight to see if I want to switch out my Motodynamic one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'll PM ya when I get a chance.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Have been thinking of changing lights as well, was the process very involved?

Any plans for the headlights ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry guys, i will do a short write-up no later than tomorrow night. I have been extremely busy. It is a simple process. If you know how to remove your fairings, then you can do this easy mod.It took me 30 minutes to change mine out. See the pic below for the bulb size/type.
LED 194 Interior/Exterior Automotive Bulb.

Bright White Light: 6000K white light
Match number 194 with your current lamp to get an exact match
Also fits: T10, 168, W5W, 12961, 2825, 17177
Application: Automotive Interior Lighting

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,330 Posts
Yah that's the one I ordered earlier today. The other one with the black ring that is otherwise identical -- I believe it's the previous model (2014), and it lacks a watt/lumen rating which the newer (2015) one has (iirc 40 lumen and 600 mW).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yah that's the one I ordered earlier today. The other one with the black ring that is otherwise identical -- I believe it's the previous model (2014), and it lacks a watt/lumen rating which the newer (2015) one has (iirc 40 lumen and 600 mW).
Thanks, I was wondering what the difference was between them, glad I ordered the new one then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts