Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After looking back and forth repeatedly at the R3 and Ninja 300,...I am back to deciding deciding on the R3 as I am preferring Yamaha over Kawasaki,..nothing wrong with them,..it's just I have more of a liking to Yamaha. Okay,..that being said,I am curious as to the kind of fuel economy/mileage you're averaging with your R3 motorcycles,...especially if you ride conservatively. I'm still 4 to 6 months away from being ready to buy,but it will get here faster than you think. I'm 53 years old,and no tickets of any kind,..and no accidents in last 10 years or more! The R3 will be my first,...and probably only,...motorcycle as I feel I won't need anything bigger than that,especially at my age! I chose a sport motorcycle because I like the sporty look of them over a heavy,bulky cruiser!
Yamaha rates the R3 at a conservative 56 mpg,and with a 3.7 gallon tank I should be able to get at LEAST 200 miles out of one tank. I don't drive my car hard,and I won't ride the motorcycle hard,either! BTW,..my real name is Dewey,..but go by "R3man" here on the forums!

·
Registered
169 Posts
My average mileage is 24km per litre

24 km * 14 litre tank 336kms, realistically we need to fill when it shows reserve, and reserve is like 3.5 litre I think.
So around 24*11=264kms

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check fuelly buddy - lots more data on there than you'll find here.
I get about 70 UK MPG (~60 US MPG) after about 1000 miles. Not as good as I hoped to be honest as I'm quite conservative. If there were less engine braking I think I would be able to do much better MPG.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Clickable signature link has all my costs and fillups.

Winter fuel makes a small increase in consumption (a few tenths of a litre per 100). For Canadians and Americans that look at the link, it's worth noting that unless otherwise noted, my fillups are with fuel without ethanol. I know, my bike's spoiled.

I love being able to do multi-hour rides on half a tank. So much fun, for so little penalité. :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't how much petrol is in Europe or Canada, but here in the US haven't really had to worry at all about the mpg on the r3. I mean the engine is so small It gets way better mileage than any of my cars. I'm really happy with it current mpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
56mpg or so was my lowest, 60mpg is my average, best is now 63.1

1 - 20 of 49 Posts