Yamaha R3 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,270 Posts
Installed my Shorai today. Wedged a couple foams under and on top, seems good! I used my R/C charger to pump it up a little. It says to not exceed 14.4V (or it says 15.2V on the web page ...) but isn't it a 4S 16.8V in reality?

·
Super Moderator
1,387 Posts
Installed my Shorai today. Wedged a couple foams under and on top, seems good! I used my R/C charger to pump it up a little. It says to not exceed 14.4V (or it says 15.2V on the web page ...) but isn't it a 4S 16.8V in reality?
Maybe it tells you not to exceed that because as you are running the bike, it will charge up the battery a bit too? So is this essentially just a big square 4S lipo? I was thinking of going with the AG 8S unit.

·
Super Moderator
1,270 Posts
Maybe it tells you not to exceed that because as you are running the bike, it will charge up the battery a bit too? So is this essentially just a big square 4S lipo? I was thinking of going with the AG 8S unit.
I am guessing 8S is 4s2p (for current capability). Yeah, I'd like to see real-time what's happening voltage-wise to that lithium battery planted under my crotch when the bike is running. I'll throw a voltage meter on it. Guessing that a new bike like the R3 is well-behaved in the battery charging dept.

·
Registered
370 Posts
For those that bought the Shorai LFX07L2-BS12, how is it working out for you and is your bike in street trim (headlights, etc.)? Also, are you using the Shorai charger (or any other charger) with it?

Just asking because I noticed it has slightly less Ah and CCA.

But it is cheaper and lighter than the more powerful (than stock) Shorai LFX14L2-BS12

·
Registered
48 Posts
For those that bought the Shorai LFX07L2-BS12, how is it working out for you and is your bike in street trim (headlights, etc.)? Also, are you using the Shorai charger (or any other charger) with it?

Just asking because I noticed it has slightly less Ah and CCA.

But it is cheaper and lighter than the more powerful (than stock) Shorai LFX14L2-BS12
Its worked fine for me. Mines in street trim, with a few electrical accessories added. Havent needed a charger yet, but I do get to ride often, when rain allows.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts