Yamaha R3 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I must have gotten used to the engine braking don't even notice it but then again I have nothing else to compare it to. If R3 engine braking is considered "rough" then I'll take it as a good learning experience when I get on another bike in the future.

·
Registered
501 Posts
from what i've read there are ways to adjust the slipper clutch for more or less engine braking...the R3's ebgine braking isn't rough at all in my opinion.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Just curious how many of you guys actually use the rear brake? Been riding along fine with just using the front and almost rarely use to rear unless its called for. Probably bad riding habits as I know its usually best practice to use both brakes at the same time. To me, I find that the rear brake is a little "mushy" to use meaning I really need to push on it before I feel the stopping power say vs using the front brake.

Chime in, should I change my riding habits and try to make more effort to include the front & rear when braking or just keep going as is?
The very best racers in the world use both brakes. I know (and use myself) that many use the rear brake to control power to the rear wheel. The best start applying the rear brake before they start to open the throttle.
If you are looking to improve your skills practice getting a feel for the smallest amount of brake pressure with both brakes.. soon you will be able to manipulate the chassis movements with both brakes, the gas and the clutch. This how you master the machine in all conditions. Let me know if you want to know more....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
856 Posts
Ive not used a rear brake on a motorcycle since 1994,
The only good use for them is tightening sprocket bolts.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts