Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FYI if anyone is interested.

Bazzaz informed me that you do need the 748 kit and not the 747, as the R3 in the US does not come with ABS.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
This is from Bazzaz:
"Yes, the speed signal is picked up off the wheel rings instead of the motor so it needs a different harness and sometimes gear programming. The F/T748 was built specifically for markets that sell the ABS version."
The F748 is the same price as the F747 US version. I sell both for any of you in Australia or New Zealand that need one.
Cheers
Jesse

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
I had a nice discussion with Patrick at Bazzaz today about the differences between the F747 (non ABS), and F748 (with ABS). The only difference with ABS bikes is that the speed sense wire is at the ABS harness instead of the plug on the top of the transmission. The Speed sense is used by the Bazzaz for the traction control, or the fuel tuning per gear. With the R3, fuel tuning per gear is unnecessary since there is no ram air intake. So, if you are only looking at the Z-Fi, and not traction control, then it doesn't matter which one you get since the speed sense doesn't even need to be hooked up. You can choose to connect the speed sense wire or not. So if you have an ABS bike, my recommendation would be to get the ABS model just because at least if you do want to connect the speed sense wire, the correct connector is there, or if you ever sell the unit, you have the "correct model" for the bike. But the reality is, it doesn't matter unless you are running traction control with the Z-Fi TC.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the follow up Jesse - much appreciated. Glad to hear gear tuning isn't needed.
Will post back once I've got it connected & your map running :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts