Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a little over an hour on the freeway, I hit spearfish, sd. I turned south and rode through beautiful spearfish canyon. Then it was off to hill city, where, behind this little fiat I could smell race fuel!?! So I followed it into town and found out it is a fiat x1-9 with a stroker motor and around 150hp in that little 2k lb mid engine car....so cool! Then I hit the needles highway, hwy 87. Very cool, very old road through Custer state park. Took 16 over to iron mountain road, pigtails need to be everywhere! Took a little detour on my way to rapid for a couple pics of Rushmore behind the r3, got dinner in rapid...then was the 130 mile highway trip home just praying for no deer or antelope to cross my path. So 400 miles later I was back at home watching the game. Enjoy!

Edit- figured it out...had to select one file at a time to upload, but all good now!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, got it sorted. Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Good report. So, how was the bike on the trip? Was it comfortable? How is it on the highway? Haven't bought one yet, but the bug has bitten me!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good report. So, how was the bike on the trip? Was it comfortable? How is it on the highway? Haven't bought one yet, but the bug has bitten me!
It's great! The highway speed is 80, and this bike will cruise 85 no problem. The only time it struggles at all is 80+ into a strong headwind (25+). This is my second trip over 400 miles and the only thing that's a problem is the seat is hard and you really start to notice it over 300 miles. Keep in mind I'm riding 10-12 hours on these trips a day. Put it this way, I have 1600 miles. 1100 of them are from three rides lol. It also does great in cross winds, bit I tend to be mostly tucked at anything over 60.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad you guys enjoyed them, going to try to get a couple more in before the snow flies up high!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Spearfish is a beautiful ride. I'm just disappointed in the lowered speed limit. I prefer riding the Iron Mountain road.
Needles Highway is stunning. Everyone should visit the Black Hills at least once in their life.

Reactions: 2k4_8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts