Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BLK LAB Motorcycles did a whole street fighter conversion kit on my R3! I think it turned out great, here are the before and after pictures!

Also I'm selling all the stock fairings and headlight assembly if anyone is interested (pretty much anything that isn't in the after picture).

However, I'm only selling in pairs, for example, if you buy the right side fairing you'd have to buy the left side as well!

I don't think I am going to be shipping any parts either, so if you're in the GTA area (Ontario) and interested, PM me!

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not my style but I do like it
Definitely a unique bike
Need some black rearsets and already a black radiator cover though
Thanks, already ahead of you with the rad cover!

Just added new dual sport tires (probably the only person who put them on an R3) and wrapped my exhaust.

Next is some clip-ons and replacing the footrest plate for some black ones

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks pretty wicked man good job on the details!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Preyamble,

I originally saw your post from January when you were planning to do the custom streetfighter build and I thought it was cool, but because I had just bought my R3 at the end of March I wasn't even remotely thinking of doing such a drastic change. It is now June and I am totally thinking of doing it during the off-season :), although if I go ahead with it, I'll be keeping the rear seat. I have already started communicating with Josh Brasse over e-mail just trying to get more information from him.

I have a couple of questions for you though.

1) Did you get bigger tires and if so, what sizes and how has it affected the handling? (nice touch BTW with the dual sports!)

2) I completely understand if your not down for it, but I am interested in seeing the bike in person. Would it be possible to meet somewhere neutral so that I can see it? It may help make my mind up on whether or not I take the plunge. I unfortunately didn't get the opportunity to see it at the bike show.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Preyamble,

I originally saw your post from January when you were planning to do the custom streetfighter build and I thought it was cool, but because I had just bought my R3 at the end of March I wasn't even remotely thinking of doing such a drastic change. It is now June and I am totally thinking of doing it during the off-season :), although if I go ahead with it, I'll be keeping the rear seat. I have already started communicating with Josh Brasse over e-mail just trying to get more information from him.

I have a couple of questions for you though.

1) Did you get bigger tires and if so, what sizes and how has it affected the handling? (nice touch BTW with the dual sports!)

2) I completely understand if your not down for it, but I am interested in seeing the bike in person. Would it be possible to meet somewhere neutral so that I can see it? It may help make my mind up on whether or not I take the plunge. I unfortunately didn't get the opportunity to see it at the bike show.
1) Yeah I had to get slightly bigger tires for the dual sport ones, 120/70 front and 150/60 rear. The handling felt more stable and a little less flickable, but don't get me wrong, it's still pretty nimble. It has a little bit of a vibration during lower speeds (due to the aggressive tread on the dual sport) but goes away once you're up to speed. Surprisingly for dual sport tires (80/20) the grip is nice too, overall still handles great!

2) I'm usually in the Niagara region, so if you are ever in the area you can give me a shout we can go for a ride! Or the next best thing is waiting until the next motorcycle show, Josh is going to pick up the bike for it to be displayed for everyone to see but I'm not sure when that would be though

·
Registered
42 Posts
1) Yeah I had to get slightly bigger tires for the dual sport ones, 120/70 front and 150/60 rear. The handling felt more stable and a little less flickable, but don't get me wrong, it's still pretty nimble. It has a little bit of a vibration during lower speeds (due to the aggressive tread on the dual sport) but goes away once you're up to speed. Surprisingly for dual sport tires (80/20) the grip is nice too, overall still handles great!

2) I'm usually in the Niagara region, so if you are ever in the area you can give me a shout we can go for a ride! Or the next best thing is waiting until the next motorcycle show, Josh is going to pick up the bike for it to be displayed for everyone to see but I'm not sure when that would be though
Thanks for the feedback man! I live in Toronto and it's been a good few years since I've been in the Niagara region, but now I may have an excuse to head down there on the bike! You should throw up a walk-around video for all to see or some more pics with more angles, if it isn't too much to ask. I would like to see how the headlights and the indicators look. Also, I'm trying to justify the cost for a pair of headlights and a bunch of plastic panels to myself.

I will definitely let you know if I am heading down at some point this summer. If not, I will have to wait until the motorcycle show. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
BLK LAB Motorcycles did a whole street fighter conversion kit on my R3! I think it turned out great, here are the before and after pictures!

Also I'm selling all the stock fairings and headlight assembly if anyone is interested (pretty much anything that isn't in the after picture).

However, I'm only selling in pairs, for example, if you buy the right side fairing you'd have to buy the left side as well!

I don't think I am going to be shipping any parts either, so if you're in the GTA area (Ontario) and interested, PM me!

Dude that's heckin gorgeous!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts

Do you mind me asking how much the conversion cost? (Not including tires)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was scratching my head wondering how it would be street legal without any headlights. Then I saw them peeking out beneath the clip ons. Very nice job.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts