Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the giant ass pictures i didn't feel like downscaling it, But today i wrecked my bike, The entire right handlebar/grip is loose and bent/falling out, The starter wire underneath the fairing got pulled out. The frame of the bike and the turning frame isn't bent or nothing so its all good. The plastics on the right side of the bike need replacement. (p.s most likely dont know what im saying but i got a friend who does)

Before:

After:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My right handle bar is bent and the throttle grips is loose and slides to the right when a grip onto it does that mean my bikes totalled or can that be fixed. The can still turn the steering column and the bike powers up when i turn the key but unfortunately the starter line got ripped out so i cant start the bike up. All of the gauges on the bike work as well
I just hope she aint totaled

·
Registered
228 Posts
Good to hear that your OK as the bike can be replaced.

Best thing is to take it back to the Yamaha dealer if you want OEM replacement parts, else ask a few biker friends if they know of any local indie motorbike garages and get them to sort out the starter, some aftermarket handlebars/triple clamps, LED turn indicators, mirrors and angel head lights (if lenses are cracked or damaged).

For the body panels get a warm bucket of water and car shampoo, and a little elbow grease should get them looking new again, as for the scratches get some decal stickers to cover up the deep scratches. The panels look OK, it looks like they will snap back into place, but if the OEM plastic clips are broken you'll have to order and get replacement clips, this can be done by yourself.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The bike is most likely totalled. A used r3 goes for maybe $3600 so anything over $2k in damages they will total it. You're looking at $600 in fairings and $800 for a new headlight assembly alone. We still need a new throttle, clip on, controls and labor. Also it's an insurance claim so if the fork is scratched, it needs to be replaced... Glad your okay!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
The bike is most likely totalled. A used r3 goes for maybe $3600 so anything over $2k in damages they will total it. You're looking at $600 in fairings and $800 for a new headlight assembly alone. We still need a new throttle, clip on, controls and labor. Also it's an insurance claim so if the fork is scratched, it needs to be replaced... Glad your okay!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I agree EngineeringAnon, that's if he goes back to Yamaha and want OEM parts.

If he goes the aftermarket route (e.g. ebay, taobo, amazon etc.) he can get most of the parts for less than US$400, and get it into an indie motorcycle shop to fit the parts shouldn't be more that US$200 and add an extra US$200 for parts which can be salvaged and repaired. All in total I estimate less than $800.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts