Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wrecked my bike a little while back and bent my forks and everything, I ordered all my parts last night and just now realized the frame is a little bent but only for the upper stay. Should I worry about it too much and just risk putting on the headlights with it being a little crooked, bend it back, or just return all my parts and salvage the bike out?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
My frame is the same on the bike I just bought. I thought initially it's just the fairing stay, but that's actually straight and the little welded piece on the frame is in fact bent. I hammered the **** out of it to bend it back and it barely moved any. Not sure how the **** it bent so easy. Usually the fairing stays are the weak spot on any bike I've had and seen so far. It's going to make it a bit interesting to put the fairing on, that's for sure :/

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi
if the frame is good,then i would either get it as straight as i could, and make the final adjustment/alignment with the fairing stay, alternatively, measure it, put a fine slit in the bent steel reset it and weld, you may have to watch for damage to the head bearings with heat distortion, which maybe dented anyway with the state of the forks.this is only my opinion, im sure there maybe other views on a repair like this. at this point you have nothing to lose.
P.s heat is the key to bending steel!

good luck

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts