Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I plan on riding to work, I would like to get a small backpack to take with me. Just something I can take my name badge, keys, maybe paper work I brought home the night before, etc... leaning towards the OGIO no drag, what is everyone else using?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Rocking an old Northface bag, its been involved in a few accidents already and still holding up well so if anything I consider it my lucky pack now :)

May eventually upgrade to a Kriega R20 as I've heard good things about those packs and the company in general.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I ride regularly with a patagonia black hole backpack. I always have my laptop with me, so waterproof was a huge factor.

Anything that fits, is adjustable and has a chest strap should be good to go. Then it's just a matter of what options do you want.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have found the chest clip to be a 'must have' so that the bag doesn't shift around much when riding.
Agreed, the chest clip is a must-have for me as well. I like my pack to be secure and close to my body.

Reactions: BluebirdR3

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anybody know of a backpack that can store a full face helmet and a jacket inside? Was looking to change up my backpack, I’m currently using an Under Armour duffle bag that also has backpack straps, I couldn’t find the exact name or listing for it, maybe it got discontinued (I know Nike has one like it as well). The reason I store my helmet and jacket inside my backpack is because I leave my backpack inside the break room at work and don’t really wanna be flashing around an expensive helmet and jacket. And I don’t have anywhere else to put it. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Did a quick search and this came up perhaps this might be worth a look:
https://backpackies.com/blog/motorcycle-helmet-backpacks

Call me paranoid but I never leave my helmet unattended as you can never be too safe as most helmets are expensive and the last thing you need is someone messing with it. For me, I keep it at my desk at work. This way I can always keep an eye on it and occasionally makes a talking piece among my coworkers.

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
97 Posts
Since I plan on riding to work, I would like to get a small backpack to take with me. Just something I can take my name badge, keys, maybe paper work I brought home the night before, etc... leaning towards the OGIO no drag, what is everyone else using?
I use an old Camelback MULE that I have from my time in the service. Fits a couple small tools, a pair of shoes, and lunch with a bit of room to spare. Very compact, includes a chest strap, and has a removable waist strap. Also comes with a removable hydration bladder if the need arises.

https://www.camelbak.com/en/packs/R01010--MULE?color=b372e9c6d4654c89be5c66eb16b7fbfd

·
Registered
6 Posts
Deuter 20L cycling backpack. Not too big, but fits all my daily stuff, a raincoat & hydration bladder. Using it for 6 years now.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Does anybody know of a backpack that can store a full face helmet and a jacket inside? Was looking to change up my backpack, I’m currently using an Under Armour duffle bag that also has backpack straps, I couldn’t find the exact name or listing for it, maybe it got discontinued (I know Nike has one like it as well). The reason I store my helmet and jacket inside my backpack is because I leave my backpack inside the break room at work and don’t really wanna be flashing around an expensive helmet and jacket. And I don’t have anywhere else to put it. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Just a thought, put a duffel inside your backpack of choice. Then you're not restricted to duffels with backpack straps. Another option is to get a top case for your bike. I've got a write up on the latter.

https://www.r3-forums.com/forum/457-r3-parts-accessories/145753-hepco-becker-rear-seat-givi-e300nt2.html

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just a thought, put a duffel inside your backpack of choice. Then you're not restricted to duffels with backpack straps. Another option is to get a top case for your bike. I've got a write up on the latter.

https://www.r3-forums.com/forum/457-r3-parts-accessories/145753-hepco-becker-rear-seat-givi-e300nt2.html
That genius! I’ll definitely look into that solution! Thank you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the Kreiga R20. I don't like it. The shoulder straps interfere with my helmet, especially when looking over my shoulder. The bag interferes with my rear seat. I'd go for something smaller for my body size. (5', 7")

I ended up with a rear seat cowl storage, which I really like. But I have small gripes about that too. It extends to far into the pilot seat so my butt hits it, and the quality isn't on part with the price tag.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Another complaint on the R20 IIRC is that it is a one zipper side opening. With two zippers you could stick an item like a racquet handle out the top side if need be. The R30 has the 2 zipper set up but that is a sizeable bag. Kriega is quality stuff. I've got 4 of their bags, all still in good shape after 10 years of weekly use.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm riding with the no drag backpack for 2 months now and couldn't be happier with the pick. The only negative issue is the waist clip which for obvious reasons is on the right side but so tough to clip with gloves on. So now I have a process in place so I don't take gloves off. Leave the gloves for the end! Super comfy backpack, expandable and a safe spot for a visor and those shoe belts inside are great. I carry mostly a change of clothes since I always ride with full gear, oh and a bottle of water.

·
Registered
185 Posts
OGIO no drag is a nice bag. I can fit a pair of shoes for at work, a rain suit, water and a few other small items.
Good buy. 👍

·
Registered
187 Posts
For about 2 years ive been rocking a 55 liter tactical backpack. No real problems, but yesterday it snagged on a bush. So maybe it is time to upgrade to a more aero backpack.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts