Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could have any helmet, past or present, which one would it be ?

We want to know what helmet reaches that "BEST or FAVORITE" status.

Post up your ALL TIME Favorite Helmet that you have or wish you had.

Here's a few of ours....

Arai John Hopkins Monster Replica

Arai Haga Fire & Ice Replica

·
Registered
732 Posts
I really like Icon, Bell, Shoei and Arai helmets, and I'll throw in AGV as an honorable mention. This is a hard one. I love the value of the Bell Star and Icon Airframe Pro helmets, but right now, I am probably going to get a Shoei RF-1200. If cost was no concern, it'd be an Arai Corsair X Russell Helmet or AGV Pista GP Carbon Helmet.

Arai Corsair X Russell Helmet

or

AGV Pista GP Carbon Helmet

or

Shoei RF-1200 // Valkyrie TC-5

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've had a few.... but for my 'best' : I have a Schuberth S1 and it's a darn fine helmet. Really comfortable and great quality. I liked it a lot, but it took a fall from a shelf in my garage and I just can't trust it being composed anymore. So, I recently picked up a Icon Airframe Pro Halo and absolutely love it. It felt much better than the Shoei rf1200 (on my head) and made with equal quality in regards to material, and just as safe. Just not as costly as the Schuberth. I also really enjoy that I don't get head-wobble anymore too! Very stable helmet.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've had a few.... but for my 'best' : I have a Schuberth S1 and it's a darn fine helmet. Really comfortable and great quality. I liked it a lot, but it took a fall from a shelf in my garage and I just can't trust it being composed anymore. So, I recently picked up a Icon Airframe Pro Halo and absolutely love it. It felt much better than the Shoei rf1200 (on my head) and made with equal quality in regards to material, and just as safe. Just not as costly as the Schuberth. I also really enjoy that I don't get head-wobble anymore too! Very stable helmet.

I just got a Icon Airframe Pro Construct. Been sporting Icon helmets for while now and I really like this one. Light weight and moves a lot of air.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I just got a Icon Airframe Pro Construct. Been sporting Icon helmets for while now and I really like this one. Light weight and moves a lot of air.
That's a badass helmet. The Icon Airframe Pro's are some of the best low-high end helmets. Great value CF composite shell and features for the money. I'm either getting that, a Bell Star Specter, or Shoei RF-1200. My last 2 helmets have been Icon's so leaning on the Shoei even though it's the oldest of the bunch. The Bell Star is revamped, and Icon has some new Icon Airframe Pro's coming out. If I do go Icon again, I'd definitely get the Icon Airframe Pro Halo Carbon helmet, their full CF variant.

Right now, I have an Icon Alliance Dark, and used to have an Airmada Parahuman. Love Icon helmets and gear.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Turn 1 and 2 at my local race track are wide-open-throttle full speed turns. Helmet fit is crucial at these speeds when coming out of a tuck for the turn. If your helmet doesnt fit perfect, it will get floppy, or it will press up against your face. Ive tried on just about every make and model helmet out there in the past few years. Ive raced with a Shoei, Icon and Bell. The only helmets that truly fit my head shape, are Bell and Scorpion. Therefore, my favorite helmet that Ive ever worn, is the new Bell Star. It fits my head perfect. I really dont care about graphics at all. I prefer solid color helmets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts