Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a yamaha R3 and trying to find the best slip on exhaust for the bike. I have looked at the Akrapovic, Yoshimura and two brothers. And which is best to go with between the titanium and carbon fiber exhaust? What are your recommendations and why?

·
Registered
135 Posts
i went Akrapovic GP slip on. now if i were to do it over, i would have gone full system. if $$ is no object, go full anything. Akra, Yosh, M4.
with that said, i love the slip on i have. not super loud, but at RPMs on the highway or just on the streets, it does make your presence known to other drivers. that Prius stock exhaust is so stealth, you can get your lane cut off in front or beside you. if you park outside in a rainy environment there are concerns the Ak GP is angled high to almost be a rain catcher. i hope my nonsense helps you out in your decision. ride safe.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just took the muffler off: 6.5 lb weight gone; A little louder and sounds good without spending money; slight power increase; 1.5 mpg increase.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just took the muffler off: 6.5 lb weight gone; A little louder and sounds good without spending money; slight power increase; 1.5 mpg increase.
I did the same as foothills. Didn't really pay attention to the fuel economy as it seems this bike gets ridicules fuel mileage, even when Bing flogged:)! Especially compared to my FZ10:eek: Did it for the weight reduction. Am prepping it for track days though so I'll get a full exhaust for that.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Yay!... another slip-on thread!

For me, I just couldn't justify some of the higher priced options. Slip-ons offer nothing more than sound and some of the highest priced carbon options sound exactly like stock.
I went with the Coffman and I'm happy with the sound it provides, and it didn't break the bank.

If/when I upgrade to an FZ-07, it's going to be the M4 without a doubt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts