Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's! So this guy was trying to sell an R3 with 15K on it for $4500.00 Firm...the bike is $5000.00 brand new, is he outta his mind? Anyway. My Dad was saying that people will sell their motorcycles in the summer because it's prime time for Riders, which I believe. So he was telling me to buy it in the Winter because it will be much more cheap. I live in Canada and our summers are stupidly short, (which sucks), but my mind is definitely set on buying the R3.

Thank you!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Well, price is going to depend on supply and demand. I wouldn't pay that price. I have other options though. I think a fair price would be about 3200-3500 with that many KM on it.

As for prices in winter vs summer, high in spring/summer lower in fall/winter is the traditionally held belief. I don't know how much that holds water anymore with dealers. Private sellers maybe. Again, it is going to depend on their personal situation.

My guess is the guy owes $4500 on the bike so he can't take less unless he can come up with the extra cash to pay off the loan.

·
Registered
58 Posts
He may also be trying to recoupe money he spent on add ons to the bike too.. unfortunatly some people forget **** depricaties with use tho :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, price is going to depend on supply and demand. I wouldn't pay that price. I have other options though. I think a fair price would be about 3200-3500 with that many KM on it.

As for prices in winter vs summer, high in spring/summer lower in fall/winter is the traditionally held belief. I don't know how much that holds water anymore with dealers. Private sellers maybe. Again, it is going to depend on their personal situation.

My guess is the guy owes $4500 on the bike so he can't take less unless he can come up with the extra cash to pay off the loan.
I had a feeling there was something weird about the price he wanted, makes sense though from what you mentioned. I guess I will have to see how the prices are this winter. I know I won't be able to make 3 or 4 thousand bucks by the time summer is over so I am looking more towards winter now I guess. Thank you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He may also be trying to recoupe money he spent on add ons to the bike too.. unfortunatly some people forget **** depricaties with use tho :(
Yeah no doubt man. I was truly mind boggled at how much he wanted like logically speaking, nobody in their right mind would sell a bike used with that many KMs for literally 500 dollars less than a brand new one...also, nobody in their right mind would buy that bike for that price. Looks like I will be waiting for a winter purchase though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
unless he put a lot of mod/upgrade to the bike, otherwise youre looking @ around 3500
Even there's a 2014 fz6r asking for 3800 in san jose area now(5k miles or so).
You maybe paying 500 more and able to get one brand new 2015 now

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Prices are lower in the "off season". Whatever that happens to be in YOUR area.
In my area... the SUMMER is the off-season. I can't ride until October.

·
Registered
230 Posts
if the mods are actually useful, good quality stuff (not stupid stuff like windscreen, turn signals, and doodads) I calculate 20-30 cents on the dollar. Suspension 40-60 cents. California doesn't have an off season. But anywhere north of Mason Dixon figure Nov thru Feb as prime hunting season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts