Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, we've had an increase of folks trying to use the R3 Forum to sell products and services. This is a public forum, open to anyone willing to follow simple guidelines of respect and decency.
But, there's really no way to ensure the reliability of any private transaction advertised here.
Please take steps to protect yourselves and your wallets.
If you don't recognize the forum member, have someone to vouch for them. Or if they've only just arrived on the scene...?
Think about it before responding to any post requesting personal or financial information, including your email address.
If the person wanting your money is not an authorized R3 Forum Vendor.... You're on your own.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I actually had this happen on 1krr.net and it raised a few red flags. The member that reached out was new as of a month ago. When I emailed the guy that he referred he was bad about answering the questioned I asked and asked me for a shipping address multiple times. Could have been for a shipping quote? Not sure. But when I was told he only used cash app or zelle I was out.

·
Super Moderator
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any reputable vendor or shipper can give a cost of shipping with a zip code only. No specific address should be needed, until the formalities of the transaction are finalized. Any other request should, indeed, be seen as a red flag.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have to chime in and throw in my two cents worth here.

I am a newbie on the site & was recently almost scammed. Guys if it sounds to good to be true it is and this is also a major red flag.
You can read the details in my post

Make sure you use PayPal to send money (NOT the friend & Family option), this way you have some protection if things go sideways.

Also Moderators A BIG THANK YOU FOR LOOKING OUT FOR US !!(y)

·
Registered
278 Posts
I almost fell for this scam last night.... I didn't listen to my "gut", and regretted it almost immediately :rolleyes: . After I contacted a "seller" (via personal email), there were many red-flags. The first was poor use of the english language, second was offering "free shipping" without ever asking were I lived, third was the time stamp on the email..... This clown was SEVEN time zones away, and clearly not even in my country!!! Trust your "gut", and NEVER do a personal email: lesson-learned.....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me on my recent bike inquiry. 2 people reached out. I asked for pics and it wasn't even an R3. I knew I wasn't dealing with a legit deal. Offered free shipping too! I was like ya right. Asking for a race bike and the other guy sends pice of a wrecked bike. Whatever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts