Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey riders,
It has only been a month of me having my brand new R3 straight from show-room. The first problem i ever had is when i had to apply normal emergency brakes on a signal. Just as when i applied foot-brake, it gave out a big good click sound and since then, all of my emergency brakes sound like a good click and it feels kinda’ like a vibration on my brake foot. Please help me out with what the problem could be or just let me know if it is by any chance, just normal.
Thanks.

·
Vendor
49 Posts
Hey riders,
It has only been a month of me having my brand new R3 straight from show-room. The first problem i ever had is when i had to apply normal emergency brakes on a signal. Just as when i applied foot-brake, it gave out a big good click sound and since then, all of my emergency brakes sound like a good click and it feels kinda’ like a vibration on my brake foot. Please help me out with what the problem could be or just let me know if it is by any chance, just normal.
Thanks.
It sounds like a clicking of a brake light switch and normal operation of the ABS. It depends on intensity, of course.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know this is an older post...but the answer to your question is that the ABS braking system kicked it. For the rear brake you'll feel a series of clicks and vibration through the rear footbrake until you come to a stop. A suggestion might be to go a little lighter on the rear brake pressure and see if that helps. I find it's really easy to lock up the rear in an emergency stop with too much pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts