Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a little big for an R3: 6'4" and 220lbs. I have been enjoying the R3, although a little cramped. Today I installed non-riser clip-ons from Woodcraft. I installed them above the triple clamp where the stock bars were. It has solved the problem, the R3 now fits me perfectly, plenty of room. Great bike.

The only problem with the Woodcrafts above the triple clamp is that clamps are taller than the stock ones, leaving a shoulder above the top of the forks. I will be looking for something to fill this area in.

Greg

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Or go to 1.5" riser clip-ons and mount them under the triple. You will have to remove the wiring looms mounted to the underside of the triple. As you have them now, you have about a half inch unsupported - you may not have any problems, but not ideal. A handlebar rotating or coming off under hard braking is no bueno. My first attempt, I did the same thing and opted for the risers instead - much more secure. See if you can exchange them - the bar will end up slightly lower (about an inch) than it is with your current set-up. 2.5" riser, the bar is near where you have it now.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
778 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts